PDA

View Full Version : Seven

Jeff N.
07-25-2005, 08:32 AM
(No, not the bike company!) I doubt that Lance's record will EVER be broken. Anyone else believe that? I know that records were made to be broken, but this one is simply unbreakable. Jeff N.

Andreu
07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
there seems to be a phase of riders winning the race and never repeating the win and then a phase of riders winning for consecutive years after working out how to win it. I am sure that in the next 5-10 years we will see the same thing and then another dominant rider will come through. This seems to be the pattern in the Tdf through the years. Whether anyone will win it 7 times is debatable, though ever more feasible if Armstrong's strategy (of concentrating on the TdF) is employed.
A

Samster
07-25-2005, 11:03 AM
(No, not the bike company!) I doubt that record will EVER be broken. Anyone else believe that? Jeff N.

Not for at least 6 more years, in any case.

--sam

Ti Designs
07-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I doubt that record will EVER be broken. Anyone else believe that?

I say we start a betting pool. To enter, just write down the year that you think the record will be broken on a $20 bill and send it to me. Jeff gets the never slot 'cause he started it all. When never rolls around I'll send all the money to the winner.