PDA

View Full Version : New Kirk Pacenti Rims

William
10-27-2011, 09:02 AM
I hope I'm not posting old news (search didn't turn anything up) but I heard a rumor our friend Kirk was going to be offering mtb rims in 26, 650b, and 29er sizes. I would certainly rock these on my 29er...

William

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Pacenti-TL28-tubeless-mountain-bike-rim2.jpg

Kirk Pacenti (the man behind the 650B push and the open standard for freehub bodies) recently announced that he will be bringing new mountain bike rims to market starting in November of this year.

I know what you are thinking…more rims? What makes these different than everything else that is already on the market?

Well…outside of being available in 26, 650b and 29er sizes, the new TL28 series of rims extends the wider and lighter trend to the next level. As you can see by the scale, these Pacenti TL28 26er rims weigh in at 360g (Feedback Alpine Scale) while having an inside width of 28mm and are tubeless friendly. What does this mean in comparison to the competition? If you are familiar with the NoTubes.com Stans rims (some of our favorites here at Bike198), that means you get a rim that is as light as the Crest (370g vs. 360g) and wider than the much heavier Flow (23mm vs. 22.6mm).

http://bike198.com/look-pacenti-tl28-26er-mountain/

It's the carcaradon carcharias. It's the Great White of mtb rims! ;)

blantonator
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I wonder how tubeless friendly it is compared to stan's BST?

rice rocket
10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Is this the beginning of your own line, Kirk? No more collabs w/ Velocity?

This looks great. I was considering the P35, but it was rather porky at 595g (29er). This seems to be a great middle ground.

ergott
10-27-2011, 10:34 AM
I guess "TL28 650ber" looks weird.

CrackedHeadtube
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6055/6238128857_db5b3a464f.jpg

Rim cross section

I'm stoked for this rim, but I'd prefer no eyelets. Minor deal, I'll still rock them!

Kirk Pacenti
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the support guys, its greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend too much time promoting my brand on the Serotta forum, but I will answer the questions above.

The TL28 rims should compare favorably to best tubeless systems offered by other brands. There are a lot of variables, but assuming the installation is done correctly there will be no issues.

My collaboration with Velocity was very good for both parties, but the time has come for me to grow my brand and execute some product ideas I have been sitting on for years... much more to come.

Cheers,
KP

William
10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the support guys, its greatly appreciated. I don't want to spend too much time promoting my brand on the Serotta forum, but I will answer the questions above.

The TL28 rims should compare favorably to best tubeless systems offered by other brands. There are a lot of variables, but assuming the installation is done correctly there will be no issues.

My collaboration with Velocity was very good for both parties, but the time has come for me to grow my brand and execute some product ideas I have been sitting on for years... much more to come.

Cheers,
KP

Great news! Keep up to date my friend! :cool:

William