PDA

View Full Version : Hey... anybody ridin' their bikes these days?

Tom
07-25-2005, 06:28 AM
Just wondering.

After the electrolyte debacle it took a whole week to get the feeling back... decent miles (240+/-) but all at nice and easy intensity. Saturday I had a choice: left turn and big hills, stay straight and run flats in front of the wind. So what do you think I chose?

Sunday rode 60 with the SCC guys, nearly there. A couple of the guys have a resume from back in the day so it was pretty brisk for a while... four of us trading near 30mph pulls until the two decided to spring away and I ended up chasing like a dog for about three miles until I managed to tack back on... only because they slowed a little.

Next week we bang hills, next Sunday I have a date with Rte 73 into Placid.

Gratuitous Armstrong/TdF content: Next year's race is going to be fun. My head says Basso does it, my heart wants Vino. I like the crazy bastard attack at all times style. Armstrong was a touch too methodical for my tastes toward the end. Though I have to thank the chump for what he did. I had gotten rid of a case of lymphoma a couple of years before he showed up again and it was pretty emotional to see him come back. In all the 'is he an *******' stuff, don't lose sight of how much optimism his example gives to people who are sick. My oldest brother is there getting a bone marrow transplant with one of those stupid yellow bracelets next to his hospital one. If his foundation gives money to researchers and they figure out something new, that's cool. People still didn't know that your life isn't over even if you beat the disease... I was in getting the yearly checkup in August '99 and I said to my oncologist 'How about that Armstrong?' and his reply was not what I expected. He said 'Well, I see people like him, and you, all the time.' The fear of the disease really sucks, maybe more people now won't have to face the same thing as before.