PDA

View Full Version : it's official: i'm a hors.

Climb01742
02-13-2004, 09:00 AM
i took the plunge. i'm buying the jerk's hors categorie. i hope to discover two things: is the hors really as great as everyone says. and perhaps even more fascinating: who the heck the jerk is. i am a bit worried though. the jerk has asked for payment in small, unmarked bills, left in a duffle bag under a park bench at midnight. under that same bench will be an identical duffle bag, with instructions for where i can find both the hors and the body of jimmy hoffa. should i be worried? if you guys don't hear from me for a while, please call the authorities. it's been real. :eek:

dave thompson
02-13-2004, 09:33 AM
You guys in Boston always conduct business in strange ways.

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2004, 01:54 PM
. . . to your new bike. Because, after all . . .

A hors' is a hors',
Of cors', of cors'.
And noone can talk
to a hors', of cors',

Unless, of cors'
the talking hors'
belongs to Mr. Smiley!

BB"Wiiiiiilbur"Dave

Bruce K
02-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Y'know Dave....

You get really wierd when the long weekends approach.

clomp, clomp, clomp

BK
(the Clydsdale)

dave thompson
02-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BumbleBeeDave
. . . to your new bike. Because, after all . . .

A hors' is a hors',
Of cors', of cors'.
And noone can talk
to a hors', of cors',

Unless, of cors'
the talking hors'
belongs to Mr. Smiley!

BB"Wiiiiiilbur"Dave

Groan!

dbrk
02-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Warm congrats to Climb! This is a very cool bike. I'd think about one myself had I not taken gone for the custom Pschlo-YBB [sic, yes...the decal is misspelled!) that fits as much like a roadie as needs be for fatfat tires and overall slosh in the muckness. Anyway, I still think I'd like a Legend someday, but that day will not be soon. Too much on the burner as it is...but back to the Hors Color, Climb? Post pictures. Fork? Clearances? Proposed purpose? All around fun? Rough roading? Speak, sir! Speak!

dbrk
who, btw, even if he knew who the jerk was, would never, ever tell...'cause everyone deserves the dignity of their choices, eh? his anonymity hurts no one, his insights rank among the best we see here or anywhere else in cycling...a sentiment i am sure is widely shared.

p.s. Anyone remember Wilbur's wife's name? She epitomized a certain cluelessness that was shared only by Wilbur himself. The horse had it all over them. Another obscure point of personal history: I was actually a tuba player in High School but played trombone in afeeble excuse of an orchestra...and the only thing I liked to play on that trombone was the Mr Ed tune...you can hear the best part in your head right now, i bet...now...try to get the tune OUT of your head...oooo, that was evil (apologies to our friends from abroad who may not have had the pleasure of this '60s TV show...but who are also spared this insipid tune wrecking havoc on your sanity...)

Climb01742
02-13-2004, 02:20 PM
rest assured, douglas, the jerk has sworn me to secrecy. his identity is safe.

slowgoing
02-13-2004, 02:42 PM
The wost tune I have ever heard to tune wreck a person's mind is the whistled theme to the Andy Griffith Show. This is particularly true because the tune itself never ends. Whistle the primarly parts once and you're done for the day, as are those of age in your immediate vicinity.

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Her name was CAROL, played by actress Connie Hines. Here's a photo. They look a bit TOO friendly to me! . . .

Len J
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
that about 10 years ago,
The FBI took Tammy Faye Baker into a back room....
Stripped away all of her makeup.............

And found Jimmy Hoffa!

If telling you where Jimmy Hoffa is is a sweetener in the deal, you've been had.

Len

Climb01742
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
bbdave, you have WAY too much time on your hands. ps: thanks for photo, ah, sweet childhood. other show that used to follow mr. ed--my favorite martian.

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2004, 03:00 PM
to bet that the REAL reason the Jerk wants to keep his identity secret is that he's afraid that if he revealed it, noone would recognize him!

That's it, isn't it, Tyler--er, I mean "Jerk"!!

BBDave--Who nobody recognizes anyway! :beer:

Climb01742
02-13-2004, 03:02 PM
hey, douglas--i was thinking about a legend too, but then this hors popped up. i mean, it's a legend, but maybe more special? the uniqueness swayed me. and size-wise, it's almost my custom numbers. and it has a threaded F1 fork, which is neat. as for what its role or use will be, i just gonna ride it and see how it speaks to me.

dbrk
02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
That Andy Griffith melody was composed and whistled by none other than the great Toots Thielmann...now that guy could play the harmonica. There are a few albums of duets with the late Bill Evans (a pianist of sublime talent, not to be mistaken with the fine crooner trumpeter...) and you forgive him for the torture of having That Tune never leave yer head...

Bikes...oh yes...that is the topic...the notion that Climb's Hors has the threaded F1 is enough to make me grin ear to ear. That's stylin', pal.

There's no word but methinks the Nagasawa will be here before the end of March. Lord knows when Emma will come but I hope to be matchin' turns of that wheel with the senor (jerk, that is) before summer. Like I said, too much on the plate for now...

Enjoy! Ride soon! I barely made it out of the driveway today. Time to plow again!

dbrk

Climb01742
02-13-2004, 04:32 PM
i also am waiting for the slow boat from dario to dock. when it does, please let there be a custom marcelo aboard, please please please...

hybridbellbaske
02-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Not exactly cycling related.

We sure did get Mr ED in Oz- that and just about every other US TV show ever made.

You know this Forum is REALLY bizarre. After not having thought about the talking horse for, oh about 15 years, just last week soemething reminded of the theme song, and I have had it going around in my head for days. I've even taught it to my 5 year old son, who thinks it sounds really funny.

And if that was'nt enough, Dbrk- I have the Thielemans/Evans LPs=sheer genius!