PDA

View Full Version : Polar Monitors on Macs...

Russ
07-24-2005, 03:04 PM
For those of you that use Mac computers:

I use both Macs and Windows. One reason I can't stop using the Windows machines is because of work or certain software that is not quite available for Macs...

However, as time goes by, I am close to finding most things I use on the Windows PC on the Mac. One of these has been software to use with my Polar Monitors. As you may now, Polar does not support their software on Mac, unless you are using Windows emulation software. Once again, you may know that Windows emulation software on the Mac can bit a bit sluggish...

So, I have found this great software called "iSMARTTrain", by OTAG Technologies (http://www.ismarttrain.com/index.html). IMO, this software is pretty good and will do most things that the Polar Software would do. My only complain is that one can not enter notes right on the calendar as you do on the Polar sofware. But using iSMARTTrain on the Mac, surely beats having to spend the money and install all the things you need to run the Polar software on the Mac.

OTAG makes a version for Windows as well, but I don't recommend it. The Polar software is still be best there is on the Windows platfrom.

Cheers!

andy mac
07-24-2005, 06:10 PM
i just ordered a cs200 and was wondering how best to get it to work on my laptop. you just saved me a lotta hassle and $.

thanks a bazillion.

andy.