PDA

View Full Version : Tour "day" Bozeman via car, meeting Mr. Kirk

eddief
07-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Some friends and I were spending some recreation time on the Madison River between West Yellowstone and Bozeman. We went to Bozeman for some supplies and I felt the draw of the Kirk Frameworks World Headquarters. I emailed Dave and asked if I could meet him in person and take just a few minutes of his time to say hello and see his work.

He obliged and provided directions to his shop/home. What a stunning environment in which to be an artist. What a friendly informative meeting with a craftsman at the top of the art of steel. He rides a beauty, his wife rides a beauty, and oh that Lotus Cortina.

Those of you going to the Tour day Bozeman will certainly be impressed with the 10,000 square foot shop, the bustle of employees and the hum of the cnc-directed machines.

Thanks to Dave.

dave thompson
07-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Eddie: Did Dave give you the tour of the Kirk Frameworks Image Processing Plant? It's right behind the Tech/R&D Center, next to the UPS shipping dock.

dbrk
07-24-2005, 07:13 AM
"Kirk Frameworks provides the very latest in innovation and technological advances in the art of steel. Without rival or even comparison in frame-building expertise, Kirk will build you a masterpiece of enduring beauty that is years ahead of its time."

If you believe this, please check the thread on marketing BS. If you wonder who's quote this is, I assure you that it has _nothing_ to do with Dave Kirk. It is one of those unsolicited testimonials written by a guy who apparently has too much time on his hands, don't you think?

Gosh, I wish I were going to Bozeman. Dang. Envy for the riding, good company, and BS to be shared out equally.

dbrk

Ginger
07-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Hmmm...I dunno...the "masterpiece of enduring beauty" part is really really right. I'm looking forward to Montana. :)

David Kirk
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I was giving a tour of the facility once to a large group and someone got separated while we were in the dept. of weights and measures. Never saw them again.........tragic really.

Tourist beware,

Dave

William
07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I was giving a tour of the facility once to a large group and someone got separated while we were in the dept. of weights and measures. Never saw them again.........tragic really.

Tourist beware,

Dave

I think it might be time for some high-end glass & crystal directional & logo signage as well as decorative accents to to add warmth and beauty as well as keeping the tourists from getting lost (permanently) in your expansive mfg facilities. ;)

William

PS: It might also be time to form the Kirk-land security detail. With such a big operation your perimeter is getting weak. I could be retained to train a detail for a nominal fee.....or trade of services. ;)

Ginger
07-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Whoa...someone got lost near the bathroom scale? Did they flush themselves down? Very scary Dave...very scary.