PDA

View Full Version : Serotta's in Malibu...

SoCalSteve
07-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Hia ll,

As I was coaching my Team in Training participants today in Malibu, (60 miles...3400' of climbing) I noticed at least 10 Serotta's out and about. A couple of Ottrott's, a few Legend's, a couple Legend ST's and a CDA...I am sure there were a few more, just cant remember them all.

When I ride, I maybe see 1 or 2 Serotta's in and a round Los Angeles. Today was different. Serotta's everywhere!

Ok, so who was out on PCH and climbing Encinal today?

Steve

Proxy
07-23-2005, 07:13 PM
they all have S out there - Encinal is 5.20 1,450 from pch, did you do 2 repeats? nice easy climb - wish they were all like that.

toaster
07-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Sundance did the Rockstore,Encinal, Mulholland, Decker loop today. I sometimes can make their shop ride with my Legend. Had to work today, bummer!

SoCalSteve
07-23-2005, 08:43 PM
they all have S out there - Encinal is 5.20 1,450 from pch, did you do 2 repeats? nice easy climb - wish they were all like that

I have been riding in and around Los Angeles for 6 years now and I very rarely see Serotta's. Part of the reason is that there are no Serotta dealers in Los Angeles. Only in fringe areas of Los Angeles.

As for 1450' from bottom to top, we did 60 miles, from Pepperdine to Los Posas and back. Its all rollers and nice hills on PCH. Encinal is only 5.2 miles of our 60 mile ride....Its quite easy to rack up over 3k of elevation gain, and we did.

And yes, it is a nice climb...Even with the weather in the high 80's today.

As for Sundance, I have never been there or ride out of there. I live in LA proper. Agoura is many miles from my home and where we ride.

I am actually thinking of buying an Ottrott. Sundance charges full retail (never any discounts). I am a certified Team in Training cycle coach, there are many "Friends of TNT" bike stores that give 15-20% discounts to me, even on a Ottrott. Problem is, the closest one that is a Serotta dealer is in San Diego. About 2 hours away. But, to save $1,000.00 I can drive 2 hours for fitting and ordering.

Best,

Steve

Proxy
07-23-2005, 10:57 PM
are all the buyers out @ sundance, they sell tons of them. if you cycle out in the valley and the local climbs there are plenty of serotta's. you live in sm? we have a pretty large group that goes out from san vicente/ocean every sat to climb - today was:

SVO > PCH
Topanga – R
Fernwood – L
SaddlePeak – R
Stunt – R
Mulholland – L
Cold Cyn Road – L
Woodbluff – L
Piuma – L
Las Flores – L
PCH > SVO

Assent on Topanga starts in 6.5m, assent on topanga is 1.0, fernwood is 3.5, piuma is 4.0 – throw in the gain on saddle and the roller on cold you come away with over ~5k’ of gain in 35 miles – it is the most time efficient loop for max gain in the least # of miles and stunt is one of the best smoking descents around – we do the whole gig in ~2.5hrs. I also love just plain old latigo, mulholland, piuma or latigo to kanan and turn around and head back. Come out sometime, but bring a map if you don't know the area, it's a drop ride for sure.