PDA

View Full Version : Theres a nice 62c Alex Singer on ebay

jl123
07-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Its got two small dings, (no structural damage) I think its still at a relatively cheap 500$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7171020712&category=98084&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ken Robb
07-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I love classic bikes but much of the beauty of an Alex Singer is the fully integrated package/whole bike. With all components gone I see a ratty-looking frame/fork needing paint and some parts that will be expensive to round up.

dbrk
07-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Ken is so very right that the beauty and elegance of the Singer lies in the whole, not a frame with parts but as a constructeur's resolved vision. However, this bike would not be terribly difficult to restore nor all that expenisve; and Mike Barry of Bicycle Specialties could do it every bit as well as Mr. Csuka. Mike's bikes won awards for best restoration at this past year's Cirque, of course. This is the sort of bike that he understands like only a very few people in the world. As for exotic bits, well, they aren't _that_ hard to find, especially in my basement and if any Serottapal aims for this auction I'll be glad to help since I either have what you need or know just where to look. Not too expensive, nothing like what any of the Wunderzoots cost (name yer prize, but a brand new Singer from Paris costs far less than a [Insert name]).

I'm off to ride my own Singer right now. Bursitis means taking it realllll easy today.

dbrk