PDA

View Full Version : Just passed 2000 miles today...

bikerboy337
10-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Just hit 2000 miles today. I'm proud of this as its been a crazy year. I basically get no weekend rides in right now. Full time job, work 1 night a week, getting my MBA part time, have a 3yr old and now we have a 6 week old... basically, I have no time to ride :crap:

soo... its been a lot of 20 mile lunch rides with a few longer rides thrown in...

gasman
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Been there, done that. Good on you for continuing to ride. The kids will get older and you will find more time. Maybe one of them will ride on a tandem with you.

azrider
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Good on ya. SO many times you hear "i just don't have the time," but you made it happen. Keep it going.

Iowegian
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Congrats! Good job on scheduling some fun time for yourself, even though you must be super busy. Speaking from experience as the father of twins ;)

konstantkarma
10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
2k is pretty good with that kind of work/family load :beer: . I am only at 1.3k for the year. I have 5 and a 7 year old boys. They keep me real busy! it is hard to pile on miles 20-30 at a time. However, it will keep you pretty fit.

vsefiream
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Congrats. 2K is pretty good IMHO.
I travel a lot and have two kids at home 3 & 5 YO. I try to get out but I'm barely at 1.2K for my first year back on a bike.

BumbleBeeDave
10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Good for you! It can be so difficult with life today. You've got a lot to be proud of!

BBD

Fixed
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Just hit 2000 miles today. I'm proud of this as its been a crazy year. I basically get no weekend rides in right now. Full time job, work 1 night a week, getting my MBA part time, have a 3yr old and now we have a 6 week old... basically, I have no time to ride :crap:

soo... its been a lot of 20 mile lunch rides with a few longer rides thrown in...
great you have your priorities down you will be able to ride all you want someday ..
cheers

bikerboy337
10-19-2011, 08:15 AM
I just needed to pat myself on the back... it was tough working in time to ride, but I did it, and I agree, my priorities are my family, so that certainly takes away from getting miles in...

ride on!

1happygirl
10-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Great for you to get it ALL done.

You have 1,999 more miles than most people. Go you!!! :banana:
I think it's awesome.

merlinmurph
10-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Man, with two small kids, gotta give you a lot of credit finding that time. I'm sure you cherish every ride you get. It's amazing how getting in those 30-60 minute rides adds up, and is very beneficial. Do what you can.

I'll admit right now, I'm spoiled. No kids, an understanding wife, and a boss that lets me ride at noon. I have a few friends with kids and, like you, am amazed at how they get their riding time. One trick a friend uses is, after a visit to see the grandparents, he gets dropped off on the way home and rides the rest of the way.

Keep it up.
Murph

dekindy
10-19-2011, 09:51 AM
That is awesome. I don't think I could do that so my hat is off to you.

fourflys
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM

I feel your pain brother... being "off work" to finish college and having a 3 y/o at home as NOT been as conducive to riding as I'd had hoped... I actually had more time to ride when I was working everyday... had the opportunity to do lunch rides... BTW- you've got more miles than me this year...

tiretrax
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
That's great. Stay vigilant, expecially through the next few months. I was off the bike during those early years with three kids - the pounds piled on instead of the miles. I've been working hard to reverse that for the last few years. The quest will get even more difficult when they get more active. Be sure to keep momma happy so you can get on the road.