PDA

View Full Version : Bad combination?!

weisan
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM
CampyErgo 8-speed shifters + Shimano 105 8-spd deraileur + SRAM 8-speed cassette = shifting mayhem

What's the fix?

Fixed
07-22-2005, 06:28 PM
I have the fix for you check your p.m. Best wishes

weisan
07-22-2005, 08:14 PM
No thank you very much fixed pal, you are too kind...i would rather feel the "pain" and learn sumthin' here. So, can anyone offer some insight into compatibility issues?

I would sure like to find or compile a table that plots out the crossover-compatibility between campy and shimano equipment...anyone know where I can find this...c'mon that got to be a group out there who seek a truce between the two warring states. I have checked campyonly and sheldon websites but could not find anything...

Dekonick
07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Branford bike might be able to offer some insight

Dekonick
07-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Ive got a pair of ShimaNO ultegra 600 STI brifters that will fix your problem... :rolleyes:

weisan
07-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Ive got a pair of ShimaNO ultegra 600 STI brifters that will fix your problem... :rolleyes:

Thanks Deko-pal. I think I will try and wait out the storm. If I can't get out of this one, I will be sure to contact you. :) C'mon, campy-campers, what ya think? You are not turning me over to the "dark" side so fast, are you??! ;)

dbrk
07-22-2005, 09:03 PM
weisanpal,
You know by now that you have to match brifters to rear derailleurs, right? There are perfectly good cassette spacers that will create compatibility. Actually 8spd was the _least_ compatible in terms of Campag/Shimano, though there were ways to use Suntour and Mavic with mix and match that were quite fine. Those others are out of the picture now, of course.

dbrk

weisan
07-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Okay, that does it! If the doc says I am fried....I am fried! It's Friday night, I am gonna go out and get drunk with the wife...er...the kids? I will take off the stinkin' MANO deraileur and the very elegant campy brifters, throw em' in the toy bin and let them have a field day with it. I expect em' to work perfectly by the time we get back...completely intoxicated.

Alrighty, I'm turning in for the night, have a great weekend, perfect ride and keep the rubber down. :banana:

weisan

97CSI
07-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Do a search of the Tech part of Velonews' online site. Richard Zinn is big on this crossover Campy :banana: /ShimaNo :butt: stuff and has several bits of info over the past couple of years. Also, you can send Zinn an e-mail directly. I have a couple of times and he has always responded (may not be that quick due to TdF). His e-mail address is on the Velonews site.

weisan
07-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Do a search of the Tech part of Velonews' online site. Richard Zinn is big on this crossover Campy :banana: /ShimaNo :butt: stuff and has several bits of info over the past couple of years. Also, you can send Zinn an e-mail directly. I have a couple of times and he has always responded (may not be that quick due to TdF). His e-mail address is on the Velonews site.

Thanks gp-pal. I haven't got a chance to correspond with Zinny before...my first question for him would be: "Is bigger better?" :D