PDA

View Full Version : Jagwire question

tuscanyswe
10-15-2011, 09:51 AM
My lbs says jagwire racer cable kit marked Shimano Sram will work with campy 10 no problem. Im suspicious.. Anyone got some experience with this?

Thanks
Björn

buldogge
10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Everything is fine for 10s...except...you need to either,

a) file the ends of the shifter cables or...
b) buy a pair of campy shift cables.

Still a good deal price wise when you want/need colored cabling.

BTW...Older kits were double ended with Campy on one end...some are still floating around out there.

-Mark in St. Louis

My lbs says jagwire racer cable kit marked Shimano Sram will work with campy 10 no problem. Im suspicious.. Anyone got some experience with this?

Thanks
Björn

kramnnim
10-15-2011, 10:06 AM
It takes less than a minute to grind the ends down with a Dremel. (YMMV, etc)

ultraman6970
10-15-2011, 10:07 AM
+1 on this one.

File the tips with a dremel is like 2 mins per cable, have done this once because I couldnt find individual brake cables locally and the next step was buying a a whole set of campy cables i did not have money for. Got a regular jagwire and dremel it to fit. No issues so far.

tuscanyswe
10-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for feedback guys. Good than i can support my shop and still get gold cables, all good! :)

keevon
10-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow... I never thought about filing down a Shimano cable end to make it fit Campy. Thanks for the tip!

Craig Ryan
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for feedback guys. Good than i can support my shop and still get gold cables, all good! :)

I suppose, but is your shop supporting you? Jagwire makes Campy compatible versions of about everything. They should get you the real deal, wouldn't be too hard.

tuscanyswe
10-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Well i used to work at the shop so it did support me for awhile :)

But if i cant buy the product of the shelf i dont like to buy from stores. Than id rather buy on the internet and save the headaches from items not arriving at the shop in due time etc.

As long as i can make it work im fine with it + i prolly have some campy cables around somewhere.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2011, 06:30 PM

Thanks
Björn

Will not if the levers are carbon(brake cable head too large) as is the der cable end, too large PLUS 4mm der housing..wrong all the way around. LBS needs to get der clue.

oldpotatoe
10-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I suppose, but is your shop supporting you? Jagwire makes Campy compatible versions of about everything. They should get you the real deal, wouldn't be too hard.

Well just get Jagwire for Campag cables ONLY , yes matilda, they work fine in shimano/spam levers.

tuscanyswe
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Hmm im confused. I trust oldpotato when it comes to matter like this but..

this store has the same item (that says sram/shimano on the box) listed for campagnolo sram and shimano.

http://www.cyclecomponents.com/2/sv/artiklar/jagwire-racer-broms-_vaxelvajerset.html

Maybe i should just get em and worst case i can still use the housing and get some campy cables or as suggested file down the end?

After searching around abit its silly hard to source the campy kit in Europe unless google is just acting up on me.

Ralph
10-15-2011, 08:00 PM
2009 and up Campy takes 4 MM derailleur cable housing, 2008 and older larger housing (don't remember if 4.5 or 5 MM).

I would just get correct cables and housing for your components.

buldogge
10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
The old kits listed campagnolo as well...and were double ended...the new ones do not and are not.

File or swap cables as already mentioned.

-Mark

Hmm im confused. I trust oldpotato when it comes to matter like this but..

this store has the same item (that says sram/shimano on the box) listed for campagnolo sram and shimano.

http://www.cyclecomponents.com/2/sv/artiklar/jagwire-racer-broms-_vaxelvajerset.html

Maybe i should just get em and worst case i can still use the housing and get some campy cables or as suggested file down the end?

After searching around abit its silly hard to source the campy kit in Europe unless google is just acting up on me.

tuscanyswe
10-15-2011, 08:46 PM
The old kits listed campagnolo as well...and were double ended...the new ones do not and are not.

File or swap cables as already mentioned.

-Mark

I missed that part. Have never seen a double ended cable before. That would explain the confusion.

Thanks