PDA

View Full Version : Have you guy ever passed on a frame you wish you bought?

jr59
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I just passed on a frame that I think I will kick myself for passing on.

I have 7 full bikes now and don't have the room for more. :crap:

N+1 works until you run out of room.

I just want to know I am not alone!

bicycletricycle
10-14-2011, 09:45 AM
sounds like a load of crap to me, no room for another bicycle? impossible.

Just start hanging them from the ceiling.

I rent one room in an apartment and i have 10 bikes plus all the rest of my crap in there.

Elefantino
10-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh heck yes. Many times. Too many times.

Legend ... Moots ... Pinarello ... Bianchi ...

Then there are the frames that I was OUTBID on ... :crap:

And as far as n+1, you never run out of room ... Only willpower! :)

cmg
10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
bought a Serotta Atlanta when i had the money for a CSI. Bought an aluminum Colnago when i could of gotten a Master x-light. sold the Colnago Mix and then bought the master x-light online. all were sold at some point. could of bought a Litespeed ultimate but instead chose to buy the Firenza in the next size up, should have gone with my gut instincts. if i come across what looks like a deal and could make work i buy and figure what do with it later. passed on a Fondriest x-status because the seller was an ass. that one was a deal.

AngryScientist
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
to be honest, i've got the opposite problem.

i'm in the process of trying to "de-clutter" my life, i've got too many bikes that i really like. in reality, i feel i need

-2 road bikes
-1 cross bike
-1 fixed gear

everything else, while very, very nice to have, is really just clutter at this point. i'm trying not to impulse buy at all anymore, and not have a ridiculous number of duplicates of things in my life. its hard, very hard, and will take me some time to shift my "stuff" paradigm, but in the end, i think a a simpler existence would suit me better.

phcollard
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh no you're not alone. I've had many chances that I passed : Serotta, Hampsten, Speedvagen... and don't start me on the list of frames I wish I did not sell!

I'm down to two bikes now. A bit more room in the appartment and a bit more money in my bank account (but is this really of any use?) :)

phcollard
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM

i'm in the process of trying to "de-clutter" my life...

... in the end, i think a a simpler existence would suit me better.

I'm exactly in the same boat. Although I LOVE riding nice bikes - and owning them - I'm only riding one at a time. I'm in a phase of de-cluttering as well. I spent the whole week going through every wardrobe, every locker, every box and I ended up with two full car loads that I donated to charity. I still have a bit of work to do but I'm already breathing better :beer:

veloduffer
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I just passed on a frame that I think I will kick myself for passing on.

I have 7 full bikes now and don't have the room for more. :crap:

N+1 works until you run out of room.

I just want to know I am not alone!

You mean like the Meivici in the classifieds now? :crap: :no:

jr59
10-14-2011, 10:34 AM
You mean like the Meivici in the classifieds now? :crap: :no:

nope! A TG that is being replaced. It's a nice frame that I could make fit, and I KNOW I'm going to kick myself for.

@ BT; Everyone has to make a judgement when bikes over power your storage space. To you, :hello: You are my hero. I can not do it.

Even though your CG riv tempted me!

dancinkozmo
10-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I passed on spamjoshuas ti legend for 1350....I am an IDIOT !!!

Fixed
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
well yeah , there was this really good deal on a merckx mxl, my size perfect
whole bike nice components no dings or rust 1500$
i stupidly bought a soma rush .
cheers

tlarwa
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
All the time ... 2 kids in college will do that to you. I often find myself drooling over frames/complete builds, but I know it's not in the cards. I'm happy to have a winter/rain bike and my new (to me) Roubaix. And a pretty understanding spouse that let's me "accessorize" often!

bfd
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Yup, back in 1989 or 90, the year Greg won the Tour with his 8 second victory, I was at interbike. My buddy was trying to decide whether it was worth getting into the "bike business." He decided to pass.... :beer:

There was this Serotta frameset (on topic!) that was beautifully painted in a Hawaiian theme. It was brown down by the bb with beautiful Hawaiian flowers and I believe a palm tree. On the last day, the seller (not sure if it was Serotta or a distributor) was blowing out his frame and wanted either $900 or $1100 for it. I really wanted it, but didn't have the money and "settled" for a Cinelli SuperCorsa for like $500 or 525.....I regret not getting that beautiful Serotta!

I also regret not getting an Eisentraut. At that time, I could have had one of his custom framesets for $675! :crap: :butt: :eek:

dana_e
10-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I had it down to one bike, Steve Rex custom, rode it for 12 years, was lifted, crushing

since then I have beed building a quiver

I passed on that white look 585 that went for 7 or 800 on the forum, that was sweet

I bought the litesped firenze on blowout back when that was on, and it actually is working for me, although not the high pedigree Ti, it works well

I got a Bridgestone RB-3 for free, all white, has been built various ways, is now a fendered rain bike, all the original parts are gone

I popped for an Eddy Merckx old school Corsa, only one water bottle braze on, out af a local guys garage, nice shape, decals a bit missing, for 300, then spread it to 130 in the back and it runs nice

I also got a sweet Ibis Sonoma made by Carl Strong, like new, for 400 off the forum (including bar stem, stainless cages) have never built it, although i recently got all the bits to do so (is sort of my newish back up)

I also scored campy zondas and protons from a neutral support program, I ended up with 2 pairs of protons and 2 pairs of zondas/ campy makes nice wheels, would be hard to sell them, but is a lot of wheels

The Zondas are quite fast with 16 front, 21 rear and the full (non-shaved) 30 mm rim.

I do not have anything earth shattering, but I sure like to shop and then pop when it presents itself.

alexstar
10-14-2011, 11:18 AM
While there are many bikes that I wanted at the time but did not buy, I don't miss any of them, because I never had them. Honestly I have forgotten them. Whenever I see a bike for sale that I want, I rigorously examine my desire for it: Does it fill a need? Can its perceived use be fulfilled by a bike I already own, or would it be redundant? While I realize that many road bikes ride differently, the good ones all ride well. I'm fairly certain that I'm not depriving myself of happiness by riding the bikes I own already, as opposed to buying that MX-Leader on eBay or that Pegoretti I've had my eye on. (Although I do want one.)

I suppose I'm saying, examine why you want the bike. Is it a visceral desire or an actual unfulfilled need? Do you have three other bikes already that fit the same purpose?

I still buy bikes; just not as many as I otherwise might. I think I have 6 bikes at this time, and am considering paring down a bit since 4 of those are road bikes.

rugbysecondrow
10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Yes. A Rock Lobster townie Alfie SS bike.

Other than that, just fools gold.

chismog
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Haha, a while back I passed on a beautiful late model CSI that was perfect for me. It went pretty cheap on eBay and I was totally bummed out. :crap:

Fast forward 2 weeks, and it shows up on the forum! I didn't make the same mistake twice. To make an even happier ending, the forum seller just turned it around with no profit. Liberace rules! :hello:

SPOKE
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't really have any regrets on bikes/frames that I passed up but I would really like to have a couple bikes back in the collection that I used to own. Really miss my Ciocc and my first really nice bike....Trek 970.
I'd like to pick up a Rigi and a Weigle for the collection!

Steve in SLO
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
In 1978 I had a chance to buy a CA Masi Gran Criterium frame for $350. I passed because i thought it was too small...a 57 instead of a 58 or 59. It was in perfect condition. I still want one.

spiderman
10-14-2011, 02:47 PM

i'm in the process of trying to "de-clutter" my life, i've got too many bikes that i really like. in reality, i feel i need

-2 road bikes
-1 cross bike
-1 fixed gear

everything else, while very, very nice to have, is really just clutter at this point. i'm trying not to impulse buy at all anymore, and not have a ridiculous number of duplicates of things in my life. its hard, very hard, and will take me some time to shift my "stuff" paradigm, but in the end, i think a a simpler existence would suit me better.

i have 3 or 4 fixed, 4 or 5 road, 1 cross,
a touring cross, a pugsley or two, a serotta tmax and a tandem
oh, and a strong mb frame as yet unopened...
even though i ride them all, albeit not at the same time
or have a few that are being put to good use by others
i realize that not only is enough, enough
but would be willing to pay someone
to leave me with what i need
and not what i think i want any more--
because i not only live in a world of clutter
...i seem to revel in it...
...and not only that..
i find myself almost ready to pull the trigger on the forum zank
that i've passed on three times now
and continue to "regret" not giving it a go--yet--!

TimmyB
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
So many times. Unfortunately I have this issue where I am a self-supported student and my cash flow sucks :crap: :crap:

Biggest regret was probably the black steelman CX bike on ebay that I passed on about a year ago... went for the $350 BIN! It sucked being $50 short.

Germany_chris
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Yup, I'm gonna pass on the Bedford in the classifieds right now..I should probably liquidate and come up with the money..but..........

Bob Ross
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
About 2 years ago my LBS had a used Merlin Extralight with Campy Record, Zero Gravity brakes, and Ksyrium ES wheels

...in my size

...for $1500.

:eek:

I almost pulled the trigger, but ultimately realized that I just didn't have the space to keep another road bike at the time. Fortunately, a friend of mine bought it, so I can still "visit" it now & again.

And afterwards, I redesgned the furniture layout in the studio so I never can have the Not Enough Space excuse again!

Fivethumbs
10-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I have passed on bikes I later wished I had bought; however, I have also almost bought bikes that I later was glad that I didn't. So I guess it all evens out. Although I am still thinking of a Rossin Ghibli in my size...

azrider
10-14-2011, 06:52 PM
YEP!!! Kick myself at least once a week for passing on this bad boy (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=86803&highlight=Paul+Taylor)

sigh

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=79315&stc=1

Gummee
10-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Only one I regret not buying was a Mitsubishi Rayon LeMond. My size and everything.

I was just too broke to be able to raise the cash.

IIRC there's a guy on RBR that said he bought it. Small world...

M

Wilkinson4
10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Passed on a minty Columbine for cheap b/c it had a scratch on the headtube about 1" long. I was stooooopid on that one.

mIKE

ZeroG
10-15-2011, 04:11 PM
I think the majority here enjoy the "hunt" of coming across and finding a good deal, no matter how time consuming and remote it can be. It is a bit like antique hunting, where you have to know the value of the bike or accessory and we can all relate to it.

I've passed or been outbid on several bikes (without regreats afterwards), but have also bought new bikes where I wished I had bought the upgrade because I ended up using them a lot longer or more than originally planned. As it is now, I really appreciate function specific rides.

Regarding spacing, and in my case family and kids, to not drive them all crazy, I can strongly recommend investing in a "man-cave", and having a spouce that appreciates your hobby in a "healthy" subject instead of a destructive one. I mean, there is a lot worse thing's that one could spend time and money on.

Suntourguy
10-15-2011, 05:18 PM
What I love is when I forget to bid and discover the frame sold for $57 and with just 1 bid!

I recently saw a photo of someone hanging bikes from the ceiling over a stair well. Talk about a very good use of wasted space. A lbs rotates the handlebars 180 ' and really packs the ceiling full.
Ken

BillG
10-15-2011, 05:30 PM
This one:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=39602

rwsaunders
10-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Yup, back in 1989 or 90, the year Greg won the Tour with his 8 second victory, I was at interbike. My buddy was trying to decide whether it was worth getting into the "bike business." He decided to pass.... :beer:

There was this Serotta frameset (on topic!) that was beautifully painted in a Hawaiian theme. It was brown down by the bb with beautiful Hawaiian flowers and I believe a palm tree. On the last day, the seller (not sure if it was Serotta or a distributor) was blowing out his frame and wanted either $900 or $1100 for it. I really wanted it, but didn't have the money and "settled" for a Cinelli SuperCorsa for like $500 or 525.....I regret not getting that beautiful Serotta!

I also regret not getting an Eisentraut. At that time, I could have had one of his custom framesets for $675! :crap: :butt: :eek:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=98062...hopefully it's your size...

pablo pinchasso
10-29-2011, 08:15 AM
saw a serotta in Boulder in 2000 or so had the fade type paint that is so expensive it costs around $6,000 to paint a car with it. goes from silver to purple to green ...absolutly beautiful....and it was a 57cm....... ended up with a MX Leader but still love that Serotta paint....never have ridden a Serotta. maybe some day....

OTB
10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
The first few times it happened, I kicked myself. However, like death and taxes, over the years I have learned that everytime I pass or get outbid on a bike, another one that pops up shortly.

Andrewlcox
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know why I feel so attracted to this "bike" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320796604584&clk_rvr_id=288020878352&mfe=sidebar#ht_738wt_952) but it went for a low price and I have a soft spot for Serotta memorabilia.

I was enjoying my family so missing the auction was no big deal. I know it's silly to want one of these but I thought it went low. What do you think of $262.99 + $112.96 shipping = $375.95 for a Serotta Size Cycle?

Andy

ultraman6970
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Remember a U-scanini new at ebay, tad big and needed a fork... wait like a month and the stuff was still there... finally i just passed it. I have not seen a U-scanini frame at fleabay ever again!

The worse thing, the darn frame went out like for 200 bucks plus 100 for shipping!... :crap:

ultraman6970
11-24-2011, 11:14 PM
U won this thing? :D

I don't know why I feel so attracted to this "bike" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320796604584&clk_rvr_id=288020878352&mfe=sidebar#ht_738wt_952) but it went for a low price and I have a soft spot for Serotta memorabilia.

I was enjoying my family so missing the auction was no big deal. I know it's silly to want one of these but I thought it went low. What do you think of $262.99 + $112.96 shipping = $375.95 for a Serotta Size Cycle?

Andy

Ti_on_Steel
11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
In high school I test road an IF Steel Crown Jewel with full Dura Ace selling for $700 and passed because I didn't want to spend the money......

Jeff N.
11-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Used Ottrott (just my size) and a Merlin Newsboy. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Jeff N.

echappist
11-25-2011, 02:28 PM
lynskey cooper bb30. i didn't know at the time how much i might need to pay for dental restoration work (turned out to be a few hundred as opposed to potentially $8000) and i passed.

that frame was more aggressive than my standard cooper

Kirk Pacenti
11-25-2011, 02:52 PM

happycampyer
11-25-2011, 06:03 PM
At this point, the bikes I have narrowed down to are more than I could ask for, which makes it easier to pass on frames that tempt me, especially if I know that the fit is off (although xjahx's Vanilla was difficult to take a pass on... ;) ).

A funny and somewhat related story: Recently, I was interested in an Ottrott listed on ebay that would have been a perfect fit for me. I had been watching it over the course of the week, refreshing the browser window periodically to see where the bidding was. I got back to the computer a few minutes before the auction ended, and saw that the price was below what I was willing to pay, so I opened another browser window to log into ebay as the time ticked down in the first window. At that point, there were something like 30 seconds left to the auction, so I switched to the first window and clicked on "Place Bid" and entered an amount, but when I clicked on "Confirm Bid," I got a pop-up that said that I was logged out and to log back in again--I didn't realize that logging in to a new browser window wouldn't refresh the status of the window that had been open for several days. My bid was higher than the winning bid (not sure if it would have been higher than the winning bidder's highest bid, but I suspect so). Live and learn.

ts0673
11-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I have the opposite problem and really regret selling a few framesets over the years. Reality is I don't have the space to keep all the bikes I'd like (and I can only ride one at a time), but there are a couple I've sold and to this day kick myself for such a dumb decision. Most of them weren't anything overly exotic, just nice rigs that rode really well - a celeste Bianchi lugged frameset is one in particular - loved everything about that one.

dave thompson
11-25-2011, 08:57 PM
There's a couple of beauties for sale here right now that I'd kill to have.

happycampyer
11-25-2011, 09:26 PM
There's a couple of beauties for sale here right now that I'd kill to have.Dave, that moss-green Kirk is calling your name...

dave thompson
11-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Dave, that moss-green Kirk is calling your name...
Stop that!

gomango
11-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Stop that!

Actually it is calling my name.

Problem is the seat tube at 60 cm.

For that minor issue, it would be coming to live in Minnesota at its earliest convenience.

Gorgeous, and a great price.

buldogge
11-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Grady...With the slight TT angle you could probably pull it off!

My Calfee is a '60' (actually Dave T's old bike)...it has a longer TT (but also slacker seat angle) the the Kirk. The only change I had to make was a shorter stem (100 instead of 110-120)...so...go ahead.

If you don't love it then I will be kind enough to take care of it for you...

-Mark in St. Louis

Actually it is calling my name.

Problem is the seat tube at 60 cm.

For that minor issue, it would be coming to live in Minnesota at its earliest convenience.

Gorgeous, and a great price.

gomango
11-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Grady...With the slight TT angle you could probably pull it off!

My Calfee is a '60' (actually Dave T's old bike)...it has a longer TT (but also slacker seat angle) the the Kirk. The only change I had to make was a shorter stem (100 instead of 110-120)...so...go ahead.

If you don't love it then I will be kind enough to take care of it for you...

-Mark in St. Louis

Looks like this matter was decided for me.

What a beauty!

gearguywb
11-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Looks like this matter was decided for me.

What a beauty!

Glad I could help ;)

gomango
11-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Glad I could help ;)

...and here I was getting worried about which of my bikes would sell the fastest. :)

You know, fundraising!

Congrats, she's a real beauty.

aoe
11-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Nagasawa road...$750

wingnut
11-26-2011, 01:30 PM

i'm in the process of trying to "de-clutter" my life...everything else, while very, very nice to have, is really just clutter at this point. i'm trying not to impulse buy at all anymore, and not have a ridiculous number of duplicates of things in my life. its hard, very hard, and will take me some time to shift my "stuff" paradigm, but in the end, i think a a simpler existence would suit me better.

I'm of the same mindset. There are many more members here who own more bikes than I do but I feel that upwards of 5 bikes is getting into the redundant category. I know that sounds blasphemous here but that's just my opinion.

d_douglas
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
A weird one that I regret passing on years ago was a Brodie Sovereign frame. I was in a consignment shop in Vancouver (avoiding grad school responsibilities) one day and saw this tan coloured Brodie hard tail with tan logos.

For people who don't know Brodie, he is/was a local legend is them there parts and at one time built gorgeous TIG and fillet-brazed bikes. He sold out and as far as I know has nothing whatsoever to do with the current face of Brodie. If I recall correctly, he had already gotten out of the business, and this was an oddity, as described below.

While the new Brodie was all about free ride 150mm travel and DJ bikes, this one was subtle and understated, exactly my size, but coolest of all, it was Paul's personal bike! It had a disc mount and that threw me for a loop, as I hadn't yet become a convert, so V brakes were my thing. As a penniless student, it meant buying a new wheel set.

A guy I knew ended up buying it and it promptly got stolen from his house within a few months. Never to be seen again, a one-of-a-kind fillet brazed beauty.

So sad.

AgilisMerlin
02-16-2012, 03:23 PM
YEP!!! Kick myself at least once a week for passing on this bad boy (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=86803&highlight=Paul+Taylor)

sigh

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=79315&stc=1

holy bejezus man, what !

i just dropped to my knees, need a breath :no:

I usually buy the bikes i want, it is the ones i sold away I am bound to be sad about. justme

Fishbike
02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
To play along without getting philosophical. . .

I regret a yellow Eisentraut with flowers painted on the headtube. I decided to make breakfast rather that watch the auction. The selling price was less than $400.

I regret an Olmo San Remo with a yellow and pearl fade. Nothin' special but I really like it.

I regret a carbon Landshark with a wacky paintjob and really nice components that sold for a great price.

I sort of regret a 7-11 Merckx Corsa in great condition recently. It was expensive and I have a couple of other projects in the works. I was relieved when the listing disappeared.

Jason E
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Ergott's C-40 with Record 10 in 00F. He was rocking Italian 10 when all I could muster was Wisconsin plastic and Japanese 9.

I covet that long lost bike. There, I said it.

jimdohertyjim
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I wish I bought Wino's IF Ti bike that was up for awhile in the classifieds. I did buy his IF SS bike he had up and I love, but I just can't seem to get the picture of the IF Ti out of my head.

pjmsj21
02-16-2012, 10:22 PM
There was a Serotta Attack that has been on the forum and owned by more than one person including Liberace (Sean) that I wished I had purchased. The sizing is pretty unique but after a recent fitting I find it would have likely worked for me......oh well.

Pat Mc

tedschwartz
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Keeping up with the maintenance and ever changing fit on all those bikes is so tiring.

My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both. s.k

Hank Scorpio
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
The SSR IF club racer that was up a few weeks ago. A pm slipped by me in the midst of car shopping and it went to someone elses home.

weaponsgrade
02-17-2012, 12:46 AM
yes, had an opportunity to pick up a Klein attitude or adroit at team/club pricing in the early 90s. Still too pricey and I ended up with a can-o-ales

wingnut
02-17-2012, 02:39 AM
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that I don't regret ever not buying a bike! Someone on this forum once wrote, "ride more, collect less"...that really resonated with me and sums up what I'm trying to do.

indyrider
02-17-2012, 05:44 AM
One I keep thinking about is a Vicious 29er f/f with very interesting black/white custom paint(the design actually had a name if anyone knows what Im talking bout) a few years back just as the big wheel rage was kickin in...

Now I just have a plain ol' Gunnar and Moots 29er, which ironically are both for sale!

RacerJRP
02-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Every now and then I think about the Speedvagen F/F I passed on. Killer price and it would have fit like a glove...

I keep telling myself there will be another.

jr59
02-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey, At least I am not the only one!

And I have since sold a few and replaced them.
Funny how that works. :banana:

dyerwolf
02-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Sadly like many here, I have passed or just missed getting a few frames over the years. The biggest regret currently is a seven elium but could be hindsight and my wishful thinking that it was the (new) ONE for me. As for some of the others frames, well it's just as fine that I didn't get them/it.
My opinion is frames are like lovers, you will always have the ones that got away but it's the one(s) you are with that should be enjoyed fully.

Minstrie
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Yep, a perfect red Vanilla some dude outside of Phillie bought as soon as Sacha put it up for sale; a Ciavete Peg at Kyle's I watched for six months; a 'Nag Olympia I was outbid on in the last second; a Dazza he showed in Indianapolis, mine for the taking. All were my size. Alas.

weiwentg
03-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Speedychix - who I just realized I actually know in person from cross racing - is selling a very, very sweet Zanc cross bike on the classifieds that just does not exactly fit me. I might be able to make it work. And I'll be kicking myself for the rest of my life, most likely. But I'm passing.

wallymann
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
...underbid on an '80ish merckx with the boxy derosa-style fork crown. perfect size for me, too.

i'm sitting on an Atala frame/fork that i've yet to build up, so it was hard to justify the bid it deserved. woe is me...life is full of compromises.

i am, however, in contact with the current owner...who knows i want first cut at it if/when he decides to move on.

"I don't believe in no-win scenarios."
-James T. Kirk

;-)

pinkshogun
04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
there was a Rivendell Roadeo on ebay in my size about a month ago.....oh well

vav
04-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Carl Strong F/F/ CK HS blue/white just my size 57 cm on the bay for less than 400. I hesitated, never bid and couldn't believe the winning bid!!
And to make things even more painful, the seller was in CT and told me local pick up was OK. His shipping charges were like 50 bucks

bluesea
04-28-2012, 04:21 PM
A NOS Joe Bell (IIRC) red, Joe Starck Masi Gran Criterium. Another was a purple Masi 3V at Shaw's Lightweight Cycles.

likebikes
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
nope

Razzle
01-11-2021, 07:26 PM
I once had a chance on a Purple Cinelli Laser, although it was listed well under market value it was still above what I was comfortable to pay at the time. Wish I could've sniped it!

jimoots
01-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Thought this was a different thread, deleted

gbcoupe
01-11-2021, 07:38 PM
This thread is before my time here and I hadn't seen it.

A few years ago I could have snagged an Andy Newlands with signature wishbone stays for ~ $400. I had just bought a couple frames and didn't want to push it on the home front. Oh well...

Funny to see Angry posting about having only a few bikes. Time flies.

Velocipede
01-11-2021, 08:20 PM
WAAAAAAY too many. Literally dozens.