PDA

View Full Version : just upgraded shoes from sidi ergo1 to sidi ergo2 "vernice", changes in fit

wallymann
10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
sidi are great in that they generally fit the same from generation to generation. once you figure out what size works, you're golden.

however, i just did an upgrade from the ergo1 made of normal lorica from a few years back to the recently obsoleted ergo2 in the faux-patent-leather "vernice" finish. (sidi just release the ergo3 model)

the faux-patent-leather "vernice" is stiff and unyielding! so much so that i had to go up 1/2 size (from 45.0 to 45.5) to give my forefeets enough room to wiggle my toes a bit.

old:
http://www.thaimtb.com/webboard/23/11675-82.jpg

new:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2760/4297311860_80a7934e34.jpg

Lovetoclimb
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I went from Genius 5s to Ergo 2s myself. Unfortunately my original Sidis lasted almost 4 years before being too stinky and stretched out. Also who can really turn down a shiny new pair of slippers once the idea is in your head!?

Nice upgrade!

happycampyer
10-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a pair of Ergo 1's and the Ergo 2's in vernice (and used and eventually sold the pre-vernice Ergo 2's). The fit seems the same to me for all three, but the uppers of the Ergo 1's are by far more supple. At first I thought it was just a matter of being broken in, but after wearing the Ergo 2's for a while, I don't think the uppers will ever feel the same as the Ergo 1's. I like the heel retention feature of the Ergo 2's, otherwise I would have gone back to the 1's.

pdmtong
10-14-2011, 06:31 PM
also beware any toe rub on your tire due to carelessness...it will take the vernice off leaving the slipper effect looking more like a work boot. I too like the heel retention...the uppers seem stiffer, and I wouldnt trade back since I like the ergo2 fit better, better than G5, better than 6.6

alancw3
10-15-2011, 06:36 AM
i wanted the ergo 2's but had to settle on the genius 6.6 because i prefer the toe box of a "mega" size sidi. more toe wiggle room and i like wearing ankle length cotton athetic socks better than cycling socks. i was able to add the adjustable heel option of the ergo 2. prior i had a pair of genius 3 and then genius 5 in mega. all seem to fit the same. sidi's are suck great quality. i have always worn for four years and then end up selling for about 1/2 of what i paid for them still in great condition. not bad.

binxnyrwarrsoul
10-15-2011, 06:44 AM
The fact that I can order a pair in a 44, from any shop, online or local, at any time and they always fit the same is one of the big draws with Sidis. The prices are another matter. The 2012 prices are ridiculous, although I've never paid anywhere near retail (thanks forumites). I've got 4 pairs (shoe horse?), won't use anything else.

bheight1
10-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm more comfortable in my 6.6 than new E2--I guess feet are like butts too.