PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Squirrell Attacks From Air!

dekindy
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
I was cranking along a straight stretch of road with tree overhanging tree limbs and observed a lot of cuttings from squirrells when all of a sudden an 18 inch long limb fell from the tree and barely missed me. I don't know if it was a flying squirrell, probably not since there were limbs over the road. Look out for Squirrell Airpower!

Tim Porter
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/justrocky_800.jpg

19wisconsin64
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
squirrels are very bizarre territorial creatures.

i used to walk my dog past a tall tree where several of these beasts had their home. my dog would, as dogs do, bark at said squirrels. squirrels, in return, would his and squeak back.

all was fine, dog on ground, squirrels in tree, until one fine fall day. apparently these bushy-tailed tree dwellers had devised a weapon so sinister, i shudder to recall. hurled with great force, large acorns were pelted upon us from above.

evil surely does exist in nature.

true story. my dog can vouch for me.

daylate$short
10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Acorns aren't so bad. Mr. Squirrel was busy at our house last Sunday harvesting Walnuts. I was out working in the yard and kept hearing things dropping. There were 2 of them about 60 feet up running from branch to branch and gnawing off the baseball size walnuts so they could pick them up later I guess. Raining down about 1 every 30 seconds for over an hour. I had to keep my distance or go get a helment! Funny thing is, they are still laying on the ground.

Mr. Squirrel
10-11-2011, 04:36 AM
our job is never done. nuk nuk nuk!

mr. squirrel

William
10-11-2011, 06:56 AM
http://204.45.110.156/bin/072011/1309772963_squirrel_crosses_race_track.gif

:crap: I know, I was hoping too! ;)

William

dekindy
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Acorns aren't so bad. Mr. Squirrel was busy at our house last Sunday harvesting Walnuts. I was out working in the yard and kept hearing things dropping. There were 2 of them about 60 feet up running from branch to branch and gnawing off the baseball size walnuts so they could pick them up later I guess. Raining down about 1 every 30 seconds for over an hour. I had to keep my distance or go get a helment! Funny thing is, they are still laying on the ground.

I used to get out in the woods a little when I was a kid. A handful of squirrells, "cutting" is the term the old timers used, could make it rain nuts. You have never heard such a racket as they would make!

Bob Ross
10-11-2011, 08:24 AM
On a group ride I led back in July we stopped in a residential neighborhood so someone could fix a flat, and while waiting a squirrel leapt (fell?) out of a tree and landed on one of the cyclists! Scared to poo out of her, and everyone else nearby!