PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Repair

HIKERBIKE
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I am the orignal owner of a 2000 CSi that was returned to Serotta with a hairline crack in the right rear chain stay, near the dropout. As the frame has a lifetime warranty I took the bike to my LBS 5 weeks ago to be returned to Serotta for a warranty inspection and repair. I received an e-mail from Serotta last week noting that the frame had been received (when I do not know) and it was to be pulled out of the box for initial inspection. This was back on 9/28/2011. My question; "Does it normally take this amount of time to get an answer back? and why are my e-mails (and the LB'S) being ignored?

Kevin

christian
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
That wouldn't seem out of line to me. I got a warranty repair from another reputable steel manufacturer and it took about 8 weeks. Given they've only had the bike for about a week, I'd give them some time.

bigflax925
10-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Instead of relying on email and it's potential SPAM filters, why not call?

gone
10-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I agree with Christian. I know you're probably in a hurry to get it back but they've only had it for a few working days. Unless they're sitting around with nothing to do (doubtful) it's not unreasonable that it'd sit for a while before someone is able to get to it. I'd expect they do first come, first served on repairs/refinishes/etc, so it's likely there were others there before you.

Be patient.

Ahneida Ride
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
I am not sure if Serotta is formally still repairing lugged steel.

They did send a few up to Kelly for repair.
Kelly used the original swagged tubes from the factory

HIKERBIKE
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
My LBS has called; left several messages. No call backs. Interesting enough, I dealt with Kelly when I bought the bike back in 1999 and met him at the NAHBS at Indy in 2009. Kelly, Dave Kirk and Ben were all there. Will wait and see what they come back with.

Pete Serotta
10-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Is Kathy the store owner? Also feel free to send me a note at pjmckeon@me.com with info and copy Kathy. I will get Ben in the middle.

PETE

dekindy
10-08-2011, 08:26 AM
They turned my nude, titanium around in 12 business days. I can assure you that Serotta puts warranty repair at the front of the line. I talked with Ben at NAHBS 2009 and thanked him and several of his staff. They know how it is to be without your ride and it is their goal to rectify the situation ASAP. I did not receive much information during the warranty repair either and was getting quite nervous but they overnighted the frame to my LBS so I could have it back for the Ride Across Indiana.

jr59
10-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Is Kathy the store owner? Also feel free to send me a note at pjmckeon@me.com with info and copy Kathy. I will get Ben in the middle.

PETE

Don't know how you can do better than this!

Again Pete to the rescue!

Boy am I glad you are healthy again! :beer:

kgreene10
10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
For comparison, Time took 8 months but eventually came through admirably.