PDA

View Full Version : Random Pics from Stage 10 of the TDF

spiderlake
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Riders are at the bottom......

No pictures of Lance.....

sc53
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Spider, nice pix!! Refresh my recollection, what town was this finish on? It's certainly gorgeous. Also, what kind of digital camera did you use? Your pictures are superb. Thanks for sharing!

spiderlake
07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
This stage ended in Courchevel and I agree, the place is incredible. They had the ski lifts running so it was quite easy to get up to 1850 meters (finish) but it took FOREVER to get off the mountain.

I have a Minolta Dimage (4 Megapixel)..... I had it set for continious mode on the sports setting... Unfortunately, Lance happened along between cycles on the camera so I missed him.....

dirtdigger88
07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
why is Jan walking up to mountain? joke- I know

Jason

weisan
07-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately, Lance happened along between cycles on the camera so I missed him.....

You sure?! You might want to check the film again, that's not what I saw earlier... :D

http://alicehui.com/serotta/spiderlake/spiderlake.jpg

shaq-d
07-20-2005, 03:23 PM
great pix..so that's what the tour's REALLY like :)

sd

Tom
07-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately, Lance happened along between cycles on the camera so I missed him.....

I thought that was him across the road... already finished and cheering everybody in.

spiderlake
07-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought that was him across the road... already finished and cheering everybody in.

That guy was hilarious! As far as we could tell, he was there by himself and just kinda showed up at that spot about a minute before the riders came through. It was funny because that area was "claimed" by some campers and they shooed everyone away all day long. Not sure why is checking out Floyd's legs so intently.......

The area in front of the podium belonged almost exclusively to Americans. Lots of Texas flags, disco gear and postal stuff from last year. There was even a guy there with a Bobke fan club jersey. I did find it interesting that a lot of the American flags being carried didn't actually belong to Americans but rather Lance fans from various countries.

slowgoing
07-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Yellow USPS, not Discovery Channel, jersey. I always wondered who bought those.