PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kindle Charger compatibility

Ozz
10-04-2011, 11:59 AM
My son lost the charger to his Kindle last week on an out of town soccer trip....I am wondering if I could use the charger for my Blackberry to charge it. The plug fits, but the specs aren't identical.

Kindle Charger output: 4.9v / 0.85 amps
Blackberry Charger output: 5v / 0.75 amps

I am thinking it will be OK, since the amperage is lower....I know squat about electronics....

FWIW - These are both USB port adapters for wall plugs.

Thanks

crownjewelwl
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
i used to use my blackberry charger in the office for my kindle...no problems

Bud_E
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
FWIW - I'm always using the charge cords for my Kindle and my Droid interchangeably with both with absolutely no problems. I don't know squat about electricity either - the difference is I never bothered checking the specs so I'm blissfully unaware if I should be worried.

Skrawny
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I've noticed the plug compatibility as well and was curious if I could simplify my cords, but I have been too afraid of frying something.
-s

duke
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I have been using my Blackberry charger on my kindle for about a year with no issues.
duke

JMerring
10-04-2011, 02:10 PM
FWIW - I'm always using the charge cords for my Kindle and my Droid interchangeably with both with absolutely no problems. I don't know squat about electricity either - the difference is I never bothered checking the specs so I'm blissfully unaware if I should be worried.

Same here in all respects (except I do know the difference between voltage and current)