PDA

View Full Version : Completely OT. Saw a fight between 2 blind women/guide dogs

andy mac
07-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Seems a few on this forum have a slightly twisted sense of humor and might appreciate this.

I was walking along a busy sidewalk yesterday behind a blind woman (around 30 years of age) with a seeing-eye dog. Suddenly she and her dog stopped. Coming the other way was an old woman like Estelle, George’s mom from Seinfeld, also with a seeing-eye dog. The two dogs stood there and stared at each other.

The cranky loud old woman yelled “guide dog, guide dog!”

The young woman said “yes”.

Old woman, completely pissed off yelled again “Guide dog. Guide dog. Get out of my way!”

The young woman thought she was telling her and her dog to get out of the way. She said “OK, OK.”

The old lady just kept yelling at her.

I was just about to try and help when the dogs started growling at each other then barking. The young lady heard the other dog and eventually guessed right. “I have a guide dog. Do you have one too?”

The old lady just screamed, “guide dog, guide dog, get out of my way, guide dog, guide dog, guide dog!”

(I will give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she was somewhat hard of hearing and wasn’t aware the younger woman had a guide dog too.)

Eventually the dogs calmed down and managed to pass each other.

I was walking next to the young girl and said, “I’ve never seen to guide dogs and their owners fight before!” She started laughing, it was a first for her too. We had a nice chat and I helped her find where she wanted to go.

Only in New York.

Bill Bove
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
So was she hot :confused: It may have been BumbleBeeDave's big chance :banana:

Oh, I'm going to hecl for that :D

Ginger
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Bill...have you seen the ladder up to the gutter? I seem to have lost its location.

slowgoing
07-20-2005, 12:46 AM
I found the story rather sad, not funny.

Kevin
07-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Seems a few on this forum have a slightly twisted sense of humor and might appreciate this.

Andy,

Just think if you had a cat that you could have thrown in between the two dogs. :D

Oh, by the way, what are you doing following a 30 year old blind woman around town? :rolleyes:

Kevin

Kevan
07-20-2005, 06:19 AM
I appreciate the humor in the story and I bet the young lady did too.

Ginger
07-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah...the younger lady probably found it funny *after* chatting with Andy about the encounter.

I wasn't going to get all serious, but there I go...Andy, thanks for sharing the story, and thanks for reaching out to someone who probably really needed a touch of support after what was probably a scary encounter. Sometimes all it takes is a friendly voice to comiserate with to make things in life more bearable.

Spinsistah
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Seems a few on this forum have a slightly twisted sense of humor.

Not THIS forum................ :)

neverraced
07-20-2005, 11:36 AM
I was expecting at least a cat fight, torn bras, hair pulling, "Take that, b*itch".

But you describe two dogs barking at each other.

Zzzzzzzzz.