PDA

View Full Version : Total cycling?

45K10
09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone ever deal with www.totalcycling.com ? I am looking to buy some Campy Eurus and they have the best price I can find online. Before I order them I would like to hear some feedback on totalcycling: Credit Card security, shipping, customer service, etc.
Thanks

AngryScientist
09-29-2011, 12:55 PM
i've used them before, got a chorus-11 group from them a few years ago, flawless transaction. other random stuff over the years, no problems.

Idris Icabod
09-29-2011, 12:57 PM
I've bought from them problem free. The other good UK sites I've used are wiggle (great customer service when a saddle they shipped was lost), Ribble (bought wheels from them no problem) and Probikekit.

Dekonick
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
No problems with them or PBK.

tele
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
used Total Cycling once with no problems, other than no communication about shipping etc... Item showed up with no problems.

PBK and Ribble are my faves though.

Fishbike
09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I have place a few orders with Total Cycling. No issues. I like Chainreaction and Ribble too in the UK.

binxnyrwarrsoul
09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but are the Eurus' cheaper than these?
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=97168
Next wheelset up in Campy's hierarchy. And, their hotness can't be denied.

mgm777
09-29-2011, 03:28 PM
My experience with Total Cycling has been similar. No problems with my purchases.

OTB
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Good prices and shipping is quick.

mandasol
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
The only negative about them is that they don't update their inventory status on the website, and will send you a notice that an item is out only after you placed an order. Most of the other UK sites are good about updating inventory status. You could inquire about stock in an email before placing an order, but they are a little slow responding.

Also, keep in mind that the prices they show in US currency is only an estimate based on currency exchange rates from sources, date and time unknown. Your bank may use a slightly different exchange rate (and at a different time because they will normally process it a day or so behind), and they usually tack on a foreign exchange fee.

thinpin
09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Often a shade more expensive than the bigger players mentioned. But they can occasionally have stuff that's hard to get or a little different. Shipping is touch more expensive too, as they are a smaller outfit. I have always had good transactions with them. Communication can be slow. I ended up phoning them once, there was someone on the other end!

Ralph
09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Use PayPal for your purchase. May just be my poor memory, but I seem to recall fewer currency fees and a better exchange rate on some recent purchases fom UK.

67-59
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Use PayPal for your purchase. May just be my poor memory, but I seem to recall fewer currency fees and a better exchange rate on some recent purchases fom UK.

Another option is to use a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee. I have a Marriott Rewards Visa from Chase that eliminated the foreign transaction fee a while back, so now I use it for all of my overseas purchases. Exchange fee has always been competitive as well.

Marcusaurelius
09-29-2011, 06:31 PM
I've ordered several one times but one order that included a set hubs was somehow misplaced. I ended up calling them to find out what happened and was told the hubs were on back order. They are good most of the time but communication is not one of their strong point. Ribble and Chain reaction was much better at letting you know what they have in stock.

ultraman6970
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Wiggle too... anyways all those UK area web based online stores do way better than many of the american counterparts where u really dont know what they actually have in stock or not, pretty much everything is listed as available but then after 4 weeks waiting for the parts u call and realize they had to order it for you, so they lack of the inventory and the communication.

IMO thats not a way to make business because u learn from this lesson to email asking if they actually have the stuff available or not with pretty much any other online american store. CC is one of the exceptions, they wont sell you something that is not in stock. Airbomb is a PITA for example.

my 2 cents.

45K10
09-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I have used PBK and Ribble in the past and have been very satisfied with both sites. However, a few years ago my CC# was stolen after using it @ PBR and I was erroneously charged for $400 worth of Aquaglobes, ouch....

Thanks again and I think I will give total cycling a try.

mudhead
09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
+1 on PBK

Veloo
08-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Bump for a positive Total Cycling experience.
My first purchase with them and it was great.

Very responsive to my email inquiries.
Even let me add items to my order after it had been placed.
Shipping was fast - order arrived in a week

When I checked my billing, they didn't charge me for the extra added items. Guess cuz it was low dollar value so they couldn't be bothered but that helped to almost completely cancel out the shipping costs.

uber
08-30-2016, 08:57 AM
I did have a problem with them one year ago. I ordered a frame that was not in stock but promised shipping within several days. The end of the story is they did not ship when promised and did not return my emails until PayPal got involved. I did not get my funds back without PayPal assistance. I never had a problem with them before and would only recommend using them for items "in stock". PBK is awesome as is Ribble and Wiggle.

gdw
08-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Bike24 in Germany has them in stock for $646. plus shipping.