PDA

View Full Version : Nimble Wheels Opinions Wanted

keno
07-19-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm considering a set of Nimble Spider clinchers. Specifically, I will be using a Powertap 32 hole hub in the rear and what they recommend up front. My weight is 183 lbs.

1. Any opinions on the Spider clincher based on actually riding them?

2. While unlikely, anyone out there with a Powertap in a set of the Spider clinchers? Opinions?

Thanks,

keno

SPOKE
07-19-2005, 06:45 AM
hi Keno,
just put together a pair of new wheels with the powertap SL. went with the DT R1.1 rims with DT revolution spokes on the back with 3x, 32 hole(recommended by PowerTap). the front wheel has the DT 240 hub radial laced 28 hole.
ride quality is very good and they look pretty sharp with the black spokes.
these wheels are plenty sturdy for every day use and are still pretty light. the front wheel weighed in @ 648 grams without the quick release.
if you want any more info just give a call. i'll be on the road all day today.

CNY rider
07-19-2005, 07:12 AM
I have a front wheel that has a Nimble Spider rim on a Speedcific hub. Lightweight (I"m sorry, I'm at work and can't remember the exact weight). The only minor minor complaint is that the rim seam is ever so slightly unsmooth, so you get a bit of a ticking sound when applying the front brake to it at speed.

keno
07-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Tried to email you direct, but must have an old address. If you get the chance, email me a few pics in the next few days. keno@blast.net

Thanks,

keno

Smiley
07-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Keno , Sandy and I , as well as all my clients that I have sent to Jeremy at Alchemy Bicycle Works use Nimble Spyder rims in clincher format . tres nice my good friend and a nice compliment in Black to that Ottrott of yours . Call or pm me and I'll hook u up with Jeremy for a price quote and a discussion on wheels with him is a trip . The guy knows his stuff . fact is look at your e-mail and I'll hook u guys up for a chat . No pain no gain , or something like that .

keno
07-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Sandy hooked my up with Jeremy and I had a very nice conversation with him last week. I'm sure that he would be an excellent choice as he was quite impressive over the phone. The fly in the ointment is that, being good at what he does, he has about a six week backup, which is one more element in any decision I make. Perhaps too long a time in the life of keno. BTW, I may be experimenting with another cm of stem length on the Green Hornet.

I may be writing an article, along with my pilates instructor, on cycling and pilates. I think it is my ancientness that interests her; most everything about her interests me, not that that will do me any good.

Hope all is well with you, K and B.

keno

Smiley
07-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Keno , I have 4 clients with wheels in que , I have some pull with Brother Jeremy , besides are you measuring your time on earth now in Dog Years my friend . I thought that the Pilates stuff help you live longer anyway or maybe it was the instructor .
You want me to slip Jeremy some cash to bump you to the front of the line !!!

Smiley
07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Keno , if you put more stem length on that bike , I'd wager to bet you'd look like superman with his cape on that Ottrott , except the bike is all the wrong colors :)

Climb01742
07-19-2005, 10:00 AM
keno, i have three wheel sets built with nimble spider rims. all are wonderful. one wheelset was built-up completely by nimble (rims, hubs, spokes) and i have absolutely zero complaints. i'd get another set without reservation. great wheels, fast service and good price. what's not to like? ;)

keno
07-19-2005, 10:10 AM
thanks for the info on Nimble.

BTW, did you ever try the stretch? Any use to you? Hope the condition has been relieved no matter how.

Best,

keno

Climb01742
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
keno, stretch is definitely helping, thanks. hip/glut/back better, but until i strengthen things more, and give it some real rest, may not get fully better. that will come aug 21st. :D

SPOKE
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Keno,
i'd gladly send some pics if my camera was working, sorry. the DT Swiss web site should have some good pics. youjust won't see a powertap wheel.
the DT240 hubs are really very smooth and light but appear to have the "beef" in the hub flanges which should help in the durability dept.