PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advice

Pegoready
09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys, I got the advice I needed. Return the frame, trust the man will do the right thing. No need to further air dirty laundry...

Sorry to be a tease.

avalonracing
09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Could someone, perhaps even an intermediary from here (not me) hold the money in escrow?

That is and I would send the frame back if it were me.

gone
09-28-2011, 09:58 PM
I would out him in a New York minute.

I've bought and sold a number of things on the classifieds. Like you, I've overstated any "damage" to the things I've sold and offer a no questions asked money back guarantee. I've been fortunate that the things I've bought and the buyers I've bought from have felt the same way.

If somebody is a regular here and they represented that as "a problem when the screw was installed" and then goes on to accuse you of causing it they don't deserve whatever good standing they might have here.

But that's just me.

markie
09-28-2011, 10:06 PM
This is why I like paying with paypal. Make a regular paypal payment and then they will act as an intermediary.

There are two sides to every story, but the seller should always try and do the right thing. If it were me I would send the frame back.

wc1934
09-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Take him up on the offer to return it - you will be out the shipping, but it is better than being stuck with that frame.

Louis
09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Ignore insinuations.

Return the frame.

Don't aggravate the situation by dragging it all out in the open.
Unless you feel that this seller is a threat to others.