PDA

View Full Version : Incognitowner??

FunkyPorcini
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey'all,

I am not sure if anybody here can answer this question but I am a very happy owner of a 5-year old CSi that I had fit and painted to my own specs. I dig this bike so much that I would like to ride it all the time and right now I do but, I get really nervous. It's a bit of an eye catcher and I don't want to keep it locked up in front of establishments anymore. So, the question is, does Serotta make a cyclocross bike that I could get unbranded and built like a tank? I'm talking about giving this bike a hard time ride through downtown...potholes, curbs, dirt trails, blood, sweat, tears, and car bumpers.

It's my idea of the best of both worlds and what the theifs don't know won't hurt me.

Funky

Too Tall
07-19-2005, 06:57 AM
I have NO doubt Serotta can and will build you one fine cross bike to lock up. As for ordering it sans logos and decals, that is between you and the factory...can't hurt to ask. If you are serious about building a "sleeper" than you won't be shy about using tape and a spray can to disguise the rig right? So it really does not matter if you can or can't order it with out logos.

Heck, I've seen the LDS lads doing missionary work on some high zoot rigs covered in tape and spraypaint. You won't be the first.

dirtdigger88
07-19-2005, 02:15 PM
I wouldnt call climbs bike stelth- but it doesnt have any logos on it- So sure they will do one with out

Jason