PDA

View Full Version : Look 381 i

friend of W
07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
If you ride a 52 or 56 frame (only sizes available) and want one of the best riding frames imho... buy a closeout LOOK 381i, which are selling for around $1725. The ride is very comfortable, unbelievably stiff, and look great. You can also get a CSC jersey from 2001 which are on closeout in several different spots. The jersey must match the frame! I own several steel and Ti frames and the Look is a climbing machine. I purchased mine through my local LOOK dealer. just a thought!

Marron
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
At least there are no exclamation points in the title. Oh wait, that makes it a stealth ad!

friend of W
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Not an ad at all..... just something to do with bikes that doesn't include a useless discussion of Lance or the latest argument over free speech.

dave thompson
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Not an ad at all..... just something to do with bikes that doesn't include a useless discussion of Lance or the latest argument over free speech.
And a discussion of Lance, pro or con, is useless because.............?

friend of W
07-18-2005, 02:55 PM
There is life inside of cycling other than Lance Armstrong. I hope he wins the tour for the 7th time. He has trained harder and shown he is the champion. I am just a bit worn out of the Only Lance Network coverage and turn the sound down so I don't have to listen what Lance ate this morning and where Cheryl Crow is watching from, and that Chris Carmichael flew in Yak milk for Lance to have on his granola. Is it okay if I am sick of it even if you are not? thanks for the love.

dave thompson
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Understand. If you don't like him, well and good. Start a thread about it.

Then again, some of us think it's kinda a good thing that one of the greatest Tour riders is an American. Not necessarily being slavish in our attention to him, Georgie's pretty good too. Chris Horner is really putting up a scrap. Jullich and Landis are showing well. Too bad Zabriskie crashed and later abandoned.

weisan
07-18-2005, 03:00 PM
friend of W...izard of Oz,

Did you ever get a chance to compare the 381 with the year-before model KG281?

I owned a 281 in my stable and is curious as to the differences between the two. From what I read, it's nothing ground-breakin'. A 281 frameset would cost around 300~400 bucks on eBay these days, albeit a used one but they do ride very nicely.

friend of W
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
You win!!!!! signing off

weisan
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
You win!!!!! signing off

***?
5 posts and you are signing off....I did not hear the "bhawaaa-haaa-haaa" dr-evil retreatin' sound effect???!!

dirtdigger88
07-18-2005, 03:26 PM
There is life inside of cycling other than Lance Armstrong. I hope he wins the tour for the 7th time. He has trained harder and shown he is the champion. I am just a bit worn out of the Only Lance Network coverage and turn the sound down so I don't have to listen what Lance ate this morning and where Cheryl Crow is watching from, and that Chris Carmichael flew in Yak milk for Lance to have on his granola. Is it okay if I am sick of it even if you are not? thanks for the love.

I think Lance is the most wonderful man on the planet- he sweats gold and spits out pearls instead of lung oysters. . . .

gay vague?

you bet

Jason

friend of W
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
have never owned the 281 but did have a 361 which was also a nice bike for the money. I have had just had one ride on the 381i but went out for about 25 miles and noticed good climbing and felt stable on the decent. We have some fake bricks leaving our neighborhood and when I went over the bricks I felt no pain. I dreamed I was Larry Jalabert and had my 2001 CSC jersey. Dave... I do own a Discovery jersey so maybe you can find a place in your heart for me.

weisan
07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Dave... I do own a Discovery jersey so maybe you can find a place in your heart for me.

friend of W...izard of Oz, you are always welcome to stay as long as you want and post whatever you want here at this forum...as far as I am concerned. Nobody here acts as the gatekeeper except the official GermanSS aka Forum Moderator.

You want to know the secret to getting on Dave's good side?...do you own any bikes in the 59~60 cm range??! :D

dave thompson
07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
You want to know the secret to getting on Dave's good side?...do you own any bikes in the 59~60 cm range??! :D
Keep it straight, up to a 61cm!

slowgoing
07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
That model frame has been on sale for the last year at Excel for as low as $1600.

chrisroph
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Its pretty easy to get really good deals on year old or older looks. The 381 is a 281 with an integrated headset (bad) and tubes that are bigger on the ends so there is more of a visual flow into the aluminum lugs. I've never ridden a 381; the 281's ride very well.