PDA

View Full Version : would lance still win with a bad team? jan etc with discovery?

andy mac
07-17-2005, 09:48 PM
just wondering how much diff a team makes?

would lance still win if he was riding for a lesser team? would vino, jan, the rass, the bass etc win if they were 'the man' at disco?

????

Kevan
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
those days when Disco was off their game clearly indicates just how much the man in yeller needs his boys.

A bad team? You might as well throw chum where the guy swims.

Ray
07-17-2005, 11:04 PM
those days when Disco was off their game clearly indicates just how much the man in yeller needs his boys.

A bad team? You might as well throw chum where the guy swims.
his team wasn't all that good his first couple of winning years. He was isolated in the mountains quite a lot. Seemed to pretty well anyway, no?

-Ray

Kevan
07-17-2005, 11:21 PM
he was a younger buck.

Too much chemistry to really answer this question. The route, the weather, the competition, the bad crashes avoided all add up to winning or losing.

The man's older and is playing with a couple strong bucks that can put the hurt on him. If Lance had no one of real value whose to say what Mr. Pokadots might have accomplished.

Russ
07-18-2005, 02:05 AM
I think that if LA was/is the kind of rider that Paolo Savodelli is, he could... I think Savodelli has won his two Giros, pretty much on his own.

I read an interview in BiciSport where he explains that he was practically alone in the mountains, especially after Tom D. had to quit.

That's what I think.... Now, the BIG questions should be: would LA had won if he was on a bad Euro team? In this case, I don't think he would had done as good.