PDA

View Full Version : Assos chamois too small? Saddle sore...

tv_vt
09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Rode a century with a new-ish pair of Assos Uno 'half' shorts over the weekend. Towards the end, had a real pain in the butt on the right side and realized that the chamois just wasn't giving me full coverage. I think part of the issue is that, not being bibs, the shorts moved a bit, but it really seems like the Assos chamois placement is designed for riding only in the drops with your body hunched over. Anyone else noticed this?

Also realized that I always get saddle sores on the right side only. Am thinking of adding some spacers under my right cleat to keep the right leg from dropping. Thoughts on this appreciated (and I realize I probably should ask this on the Fit subforum, too. Sorry.)

Thanks,

Thom

rnhood
09-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I made the mistake of buying the Uno short and, the pad isn't located properly. In fact the first time I wore them, I thought that they may be on backwards. I had to stop and look closely. I even reversed them but it was even worse. I wrote Assos to express my total dissatisfaction but never received a reply.

The Mille bib is much better but still not as good as my Sugoi shorts. I just like shorts better than bibs but, its a preference thing.

I do not intend on buying another Assos garment. Its really more fashion than function.

godfrey1112000
09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
email this guy, he responds very quickly

explain the problem, the age of the item, he will ask for you to provide a sales slip or receipt,

If you ship send it priority go to the post office to complete the customs form,

Julian Beland-Morton - ASSOS North America Inc <julianbmorton@assos.com>;
Inside Sales Executive

O: (800) 266 4903 Ext 203
M: (514) 244 0739

ASSOS North America · 7 Ave de la Baie de Valois
Pointe-Claire, QC H9S 5H3 · Canada

often they will replace a piece at a deep discount or fix it for free,

I am currently in process on two Items I will let you know how it turns out

good luck

jlwdm
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
I do not intend on buying another Assos garment. Its really more fashion than function.

100% disagree. FI Unos are great bibs. I have 6 or 7 pair.

Jeff

NeauDL
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Glad to see someone else had this experience. I was fit perfectly by the old F1 Mille halfshorts and bibs in medium, the ones with the orange chamois. I have tried both the new Mille bibs and the F1 Uno in medium and the pad was too far toward the front. The new version (green chamois) also fits tighter in both half and bib versions. I second the recommendation for Sugoi; the RS is my favorite short now.

JMerring
09-20-2011, 05:22 PM
100% disagree. FI Unos are great bibs. I have 6 or 7 pair.

Jeff

me too. assos is expensive and there are cheaper options that'll do you just fine, but assos make phenomenal products in all respects (looks, performance, longevity).

dan682
09-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I had a similar problem of getting an occasional saddle sore on only the right side and read somewhere to turn the saddle just slightly to the left. I tried turning it about 2-3mm and it seems to have helped. I'm curious how your spacer experiment works.

Dan