PDA

View Full Version : 2012 transfers

LegendRider
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I've been a little out of the pro cycling loop recently. Any word on the following riders?

Tony Martin - QuickStep?
Cav - ??? Sky? GreenEDGE?
Levi - QuickStep?
Craig Lewis - ???

Elefantino
09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
According to Het t Nieuwsblad, Leipheimer and Martin will be QuickSteppers.

Cav? He's playing coy and hasn't announced. Maybe in Copenhagen.

LegendRider
09-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Lefevere is reporting Levi has agreed to a contract with QuickStep. So, that leaves Cav as the big question mark.

I hear a rumor from well-connected sources in the Southeast that Craig Lewis wants to race domestically. I find that surprising.

oldpotatoe
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
I've been a little out of the pro cycling loop recently. Any word on the following riders?

Tony Martin - QuickStep?
Cav - ??? Sky? GreenEDGE?
Levi - QuickStep?
Craig Lewis - ???

I'll bet Cav to Sky. Too much Brit-niss involved.

LegendRider
09-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll bet Cav to Sky. Too much Brit-niss involved.

It seems like the obvious place for him, but the lack of an announcement is odd. Perhaps his agent his working through multiple offers.

I read in ProCycling magazine where Cav signed an extension with HTC without an agent a few years ago. He didn't do himself any favors and Stapleton refused to renegotiate. I'll bet he's going after maximum dollars (pounds) this time!

gavingould
09-24-2011, 05:28 PM
i read something with Wiggins the other day that suggested Cav was already signed - i can't find it now, but he said if the team was aiming at green jersey in the Tour next year, Wiggins probably would skip it and concentrate on the Olympics. He also said Cav would have a tough time doing the Tour and doing well in the Olympics.

dd74
09-25-2011, 02:09 PM
I heard Cav went to Sky. I think it was mentioned on Universal Sports Network.