PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rentals in Medford, OR?

BumbleBeeDave
09-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Any forum members in this area? I'm flying out to see my daughter in mid-November. She is working in Happy Camp, CA (Yes, that's REALLY the name of the place) for the Forest Service and I'm flying into Medford.

I just checked with FedEx for a ballpark estimate and they cost almost $200! :eek: :crap: . . . so obviously I'm looking at other options.

Anyplace in that area that would rent MTB or cross bikes? I'm looking only to do forest service roads--no trail riding. My daughter says not worth it to bring a road bike--not enough paved roads and they are not in great shape. This place is indeed in the middle o' frickin' NOWHERE on the Klamath but she says there are hundreds of miles of tolerable dirt USFS roads she drives in her work.

Someplace in Medford would be ideal, especially if they are open Sunday. I could tailor my flights to (hopefully) get there early enough on Sunday to pick it up. Not sure about other close-by locations--I don't know the area well. But someplace in Yreka, CA might also work. My daughter also wants a new MTB for her college graduation present and we figured we'd buy it for her out there.

Any suggestions VERY appreciated! Thanks! :beer:

BBD

miguel
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
start lurking medford craigslist. i saw a steel derosa with DA 7/8sp go for $450 a few months ago.

BumbleBeeDave
09-19-2011, 02:24 PM
. . . just to rent for me. And my daughter's graduation gift was need to be a new MTB, not Craigslist.

BBD