PDA

View Full Version : Peloton Magazine

tiretrax
09-18-2011, 03:47 PM
has a nice article on the more recent evolution of handmade bicycles in the Boston area. A lot of other good articles, too, like the one on 6 day racing.

Pete Serotta
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
I like this and just got a new copy in Barnes and Nobel yesterday......

:bike: PETE

FlashUNC
09-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Have they cleaned up the copy editing at all?

I stopped after issue #2 with the typos, and stories that just ended about halfway through, never to finish...

tiretrax
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
there is still a need for a good editor/proofreader. but stories are interesting and photography is very good - it's not rouleur, but it also doesn't cost as much. bicycling, although better under new editor, is still predictable.

wasfast
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
The online version is free. It's a bit odd for some reason to read a pdf but hey, the price is right.

19wisconsin64
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM
great magazine. great on the web too!! cheers

6mt
09-18-2011, 10:42 PM
i subscribe to the magazine, and some times, i find my self troubled by their writing styles. I find some of the articles to be too melodramatic some times, over expressed sentiments about something that's not all that sentimental.

i mean it's bike riding, not poem writing, but that's just me.

rice rocket
09-18-2011, 11:08 PM
i subscribe to the magazine, and some times, i find my self troubled by their writing styles. I find some of the articles to be too melodramatic some times, over expressed sentiments about something that's not all that sentimental.

i mean it's bike riding, not poem writing, but that's just me.

Yeah, their website is the same. It's like reading the descriptions on CompetitiveCyclist...hard to wade through all the marketing BS.