PDA

View Full Version : one terrific jersey

velotel
09-18-2011, 12:42 AM
My son and two of his riding buddies came over for a week of riding with me in the Alps a month or so ago. They had so much fun they decided to give me a jersey to say thanks. Obviously they didn't need to but on the other hand what they gave me is seriously appreciated, a wool or rather some type of wool blend jersey from Vecchio's. I have no idea how much it costs or whether the shop still has them or not or even any technical information on the jersey. What I can say is that it is super comfortable and warm even when wet. In other words the perfect jersey in my opinion. I never wear standard cycling clothing with all the sponsor names all over them; I'd no doubt wear Rapha clothing exactly for that reason except it's out of my budget range (retired, fixed income). But this jersey I am more than pleased to wear both because Vecchio's is a shop I much appreciate and because the design is terrific. So thought I'd pass along the information to everyone. Here's a picture of the jersey (and no I don't wear a helmet so no need for any comments).

mike p
09-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Now that's the way a jersey should look, classy!

Mike

professor plum
09-18-2011, 03:27 AM
nice. that sounds like good trades all the way around. :cool:
im thinking about getting a nice wicking jersey just to have to the ride to skool, so that way im not dripping with sweat next to all the ladies.

something like the one you got is high on my list but i think the one i want most if i can find one is way on the other side of the spectrum- the very neon fat city yo eddy! jersey. lol

but yeah, many happy miles in that thing. im also with you on the no helmet steez. i seriously tried to ware one for a while but it really just didnt feel as goood. :banana:

Stan Lee
09-18-2011, 04:07 AM
I really dig the black & white + the Colorado in Campy font. Very cool!

oldpotatoe
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
My son and two of his riding buddies came over for a week of riding with me in the Alps a month or so ago. They had so much fun they decided to give me a jersey to say thanks. Obviously they didn't need to but on the other hand what they gave me is seriously appreciated, a wool or rather some type of wool blend jersey from Vecchio's. I have no idea how much it costs or whether the shop still has them or not or even any technical information on the jersey. What I can say is that it is super comfortable and warm even when wet. In other words the perfect jersey in my opinion. I never wear standard cycling clothing with all the sponsor names all over them; I'd no doubt wear Rapha clothing exactly for that reason except it's out of my budget range (retired, fixed income). But this jersey I am more than pleased to wear both because Vecchio's is a shop I much appreciate and because the design is terrific. So thought I'd pass along the information to everyone. Here's a picture of the jersey (and no I don't wear a helmet so no need for any comments).

Molti Bene!!!

Hawker
09-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Looks great. Is there a SS version?

oldpotatoe
09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Looks great. Is there a SS version?

No sir, LS only and fall is a comin', even in GA.

Hawker
09-18-2011, 09:31 AM
No sir, LS only and fall is a comin', even in GA.

And thank God for that.....

Louis
09-18-2011, 11:48 AM
(and no I don't wear a helmet so no need for any comments).

If you got it, flaunt it.

Lots of us here (including yours truly) could not pull off that look.

CPP
09-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Is the front of the jersey the same as the back?
Could be time to replace my wool G.S. Cinzano jersey!!

birdo
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Classy!

saab2000
09-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Can those be ordered?

oldpotatoe
09-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Can those be ordered?

:rolleyes:

saab2000
09-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Cool! I checked the website and it looks tricky to actually order stuff.

BTW, nice site! But you might make it possible to order things.

Frankwurst
09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
That is one fine looking jersey. :beer:

beeatnik
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Love the Vigorelli in the window. Campy cranks, no doubt.

We ship world wide, call or email

303-440-3535
peter@vecchios.com

AngryScientist
09-18-2011, 08:14 PM
old school cool.

:beer:

Hawker
09-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Potato...so there presently isn't a place to see and order your jerseys or other branded items on the web site? I looked and couldn't find.

Louis
09-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Re: Orders

Just call Peter. I've spoken to him - he doesn't bite.

oldpotatoe
09-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Love the Vigorelli in the window. Campy cranks, no doubt.

Of course...............

oldpotatoe
09-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Potato...so there presently isn't a place to see and order your jerseys or other branded items on the web site? I looked and couldn't find.

Cuz there isn't..give us a call, old school.

Having web based selling really means a second 'shop' for such things..only 2 1/2 people work here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vecchiosboulder/sets/72157625773302609

oldpotatoe
09-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Re: Orders

Just call Peter. I've spoken to him - he doesn't bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmO8jy7sHeY&feature=fvwrel

Hawker
09-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Cuz there isn't..give us a call, old school.

Having web based selling really means a second 'shop' for such things..only 2 1/2 people work here.

Jerseys and other stuff here-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vecchiosboulder/sets/72157625773302609

Thanks. I love the red/green jerseys, sweet. Added to my Christmas list.

Keith A
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Molti Bene!!!

$200, 100% merino wool, flocked and embroidered in Boulder and YES we have all sizes, small thru XL-

Did I mention we ship wordwide? Altho one of the mods will probably spank my hand again talking about my stuff for sale....
http://sj.sunne.ws/files/2011/08/nun_ruler.jpg

dhoff
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Altho one of the mods will probably spank my hand again talking about my stuff for sale....

then why do it?

I appreciate you editing your post

akelman
09-19-2011, 10:02 PM
The internet just exhausts me lately. That said, beautiful jersey, Peter. It's not really my thing, or I'd order one immediately. Still, I'll keep it in mind, as it seems like it would make a great gift for a friend.

Hawker
09-19-2011, 10:06 PM
then why do it? We are provided with this great place in exchange for agreeing to certain terms. It seems reasonable enough to me.

Frankly, this constitutes reason enough to not do business with you. I would expect that you break your agreements whenever it is convenient to do so.

I'll take part of the blame...asking too many questions on the board that should have been a PM. That said dhoff, I think your comment is a bit over the top. Old Potato has been here a long time and many of us have benefited from his knowledge and helpfulness.

dhoff
09-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I'll take part of the blame...asking too many questions on the board that should have been a PM. That said dhoff, I think your comment is a bit over the top. Old Potato has been here a long time and many of us have benefited from his knowledge and helpfulness.

I totally get this and, our hosts have made a request and I believe we have all agreed when we signed on to the site. To ignore these requests and then make a comment like the one about getting spanked for so doing is disrespectful of our hosts. We are in their house. And you are correct, I am a little over the top most of the time. I apologize if I have offended. I do believe that a little respect is in order however. And in my opinion, Mr. Potato has in his post, made a joke out of his disrespect. We are, I suggest only as good as our ability to honor our agreements.

rustychisel
09-19-2011, 11:05 PM
We are in their house.

You may be making a little too much of it. If guests visit your home is the sofa girded with anti-macassars and doilies for the arms? Are they politely reminded not to fart when using the rest room?

Okay, just chiding, or kidding. There should be a little tolerance since in these business ventures sales tend to be self supporting, viz Serotta riders are likely to be taken with the simple classical elegance of the jersey as illustrated and wish to own one. It's a win = win.

On the other hand, perhaps Serotta, who for quite some time have not had their own apparel marketing sorted out, could rip off the design and produce their own. Would Vecchio's not be right to be a little miffed should that occur?

Anyway, the jersey rocks and velotel looks like a star wearing it. Chapeau!

oldpotatoe
09-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I totally get this and, our hosts have made a request and I believe we have all agreed when we signed on to the site. To ignore these requests and then make a comment like the one about getting spanked for so doing is disrespectful of our hosts. We are in their house. And you are correct, I am a little over the top most of the time. I apologize if I have offended. I do believe that a little respect is in order however. And in my opinion, Mr. Potato has in his post, made a joke out of his disrespect. We are, I suggest only as good as our ability to honor our agreements.

Not offended at all, and this isn't in the classified area, where I will not say anything about 'bike stuff for sale' there any longer. I believe Ergott(including a web site to buy from) and Kontact, others 'imply' they do indeed sell stuff in this discussion group...and BTW, I don't think Mr Serotta has a competing product.

OBTW-number 2...gent has a problem with his ERGO lever, I say I can fix it. Serotta doesn't do this either..should I not mention this?

I wouldn't be upset if Serotta made a jersey like this one, the font and black/white/black isn't that unique.

Still like the jersey tho, Alchemist did a great job.

And I..................................never mind.

johnnymossville
09-20-2011, 08:09 AM
That jersey has this time of year riding written all over it. It's a Beaut!

xjoex
09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I have the older Giordana LS Thermal Vecchios jersey, its super nice.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nU-ibKkyYos/TnkyOZ437oI/AAAAAAAAD4c/zYbiueb4i9w/s800/IMG_1823.JPG

-Joe

skijoring
09-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Old P, you gotta have a t shirt screened up that says Vecchio's on the front, with 'just say no to wheelsouttaboxes' screaming on the back!

Do it!

FL_MarkD
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I was on the bus riding to the start of the week long SAGBRAW ride in Wisconsin this summer. Gentleman up front had his Vecchio's cycling cap on; and it made me smile.

Jerseys are very nice. Hope to get to Boulder someday just to visit the shop.

Mark

dhoff
09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Oldpotatoe, I sincerely appreciate you editing your post, and apologize for impugning your integrity rather than taking this up with you privately first.

I have sent you a PM on this as well.

Louis
09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
I have the older Giordana LS Thermal Vecchios jersey, its super nice.

Nice picture, Joe.

oldpotatoe
09-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Nice picture, Joe.

Thanks for the nice posts, really appreciate it. As it gets cooler, my LS jerseys are comin' out along with charged lights(boo, hate to ride at night but gotta get home).