PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a Serotta and when?

Andrewlcox
09-15-2011, 06:35 AM
I have a question out of curiosity.

Besides this forum's classified section, Ebay and Craigslist where else do you guys look for that special Serotta? Are there other hot spots I'm not seeing? None of my LBS have any Serotta bikes or my local Craigslist.

Also, do you think more bikes show up for sale after the riding season or does the selling season stay pretty level throughout the year?

Thanks,
Andy

clweed
09-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Andy,

I have a 53 CDA if you are looking for a Serotta?

Lee

Gothard
09-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Have you posted a WTB ad here? The people on the forum tend to be quite forthcoming and generous.

Edit: mention the size you need.

Andrewlcox
09-15-2011, 07:04 AM
I have posted a WTB for a 58cm-62cm on this forum and have great communications with great people. I'm not being impatient, I am just curious if I'm looking in the right places for Serotta bikes.

I should mention that I'm just trying to see as many as I can and learn at the same time. I read Wheeler Dealers and treat them like a car show if you know what I mean. It shows the picture and list the year, make, model and options.

Thanks,
Andy

Dave B
09-15-2011, 08:16 AM
I think for a serotta this is the best place. SO many knowledgable folks here and loads of cats with great stuff they tend to give better deals to forum members.

The other places you mentioned are good bets.

I hate to say it, but there is alos the LBS dealer. New ones I know, but often times they have boards that have used things for sale. You might also check local cycling clubs for their classifieds.

dancinkozmo
09-15-2011, 08:51 AM
...heres one:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/2589073924.html

phcollard
09-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Have you posted a WTB ad here? The people on the forum tend to be quite forthcoming and generous.

Edit: mention the size you need.

I agree. That's how I found my Colorado Ti. I originally posted a WTB for a CSi but a very generous member offered the a perfect Ti for a good price. All that in less than 48 hours.

Serotta's are not easy to find here in Canada so the forums are the best. I've seen a couple good deals on eBay as well but I would always trust an established forum member first. Lots of great people here.

oliver1850
09-15-2011, 10:05 AM
VeloSwap in Denver is coming up in a month or so. There will also be large swap meets this winter in Madison and Chicago. I think SF has a good sized one too, but haven't been there. I'm sure there are some others. There's probably the best chance of scoring a Serotta in Denver of the ones that I have been to.

Andrewlcox
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
VeloSwap in Denver is coming up in a month or so. There will also be large swap meets this winter in Madison and Chicago. I think SF has a good sized one too, but haven't been there. I'm sure there are some others. There's probably the best chance of scoring a Serotta in Denver of the ones that I have been to.

I like that idea to go to a swap meet. I hadn't thought of that and it would be great to see so many bikes in one place.

Andy

Andrewlcox
09-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I agree. That's how I found my Colorado Ti. I originally posted a WTB for a CSi but a very generous member offered the a perfect Ti for a good price.

I know exactly what you mean. I am not really shopping for a Ti bike but look at this one. (http://wichita.craigslist.org/bik/2558973005.html) Any facilitators out there to check it out?

Thanks,
Andy

phcollard
09-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I am not really shopping for a Ti bike but look at this one. (http://wichita.craigslist.org/bik/2558973005.html) Any facilitators out there to check it out?

Thanks,
Andy

I hope you find someone because this is a great deal for a complete bike!

DRZRM
09-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Not looking for an older Ti Legend, are you (59 square)

Mr Cabletwitch
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM
My Serotta found me, in fact two of them found me in a two week period, one of them fitting just a bit better than the other. Seriously the bikes practically dropped into my lap, all I did was buy them each at an amazing deal. I love my Serotta, it was the only bike I kept after shuffling through a bunch of rare and amazing bikes one winter.