PDA

View Full Version : Putting Earrings on a Pig

Frankwurst
09-12-2011, 06:08 PM
A number of years back I picked up a Bridgestone RB-T off of the forum here. It wasn't pretty but I wasn't looking for pretty. Shortly thereafter (before the build) Noah Rosen at Velocoleur had a paint special where he would paint a F/F for $200. The more I looked at the RB-T the more I thought to myself that it would be a good rider and a keeper. I made a post saying painting it would be like putting earrings on a pig and Noah responded that it would be more like making a silk purse out of a sows ear. I sent it off, got it back with one of Noah's fantastic paint jobs and now have one of the few bikes I wouldn't consider selling. Now I find myself doing the same thing with a Kogswell P58. Anybody else get a F/F and just look at it and think "this one will be a rider and keeper" and spend the money for a repaint without ever building or riding it? I think I need counseling but just the same I'm putting earrings on the new pig. :beer:

palincss
09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
The RB-T isn't a pig.

Matt-H
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
got pics?

Frankwurst
09-12-2011, 06:18 PM
It's not really a show horse either but I love the way it rides. :beer:

Frankwurst
09-12-2011, 06:19 PM
got pics?
Of the RB-T or Kogswell? :beer:

palincss
09-12-2011, 06:53 PM
It's not really a show horse either but I love the way it rides. :beer:

No, to quote Henry V it's but a warrior for the working day.

cp43
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Of the RB-T or Kogswell? :beer:

I don't think anyone would complain about pics of either :banana:

I'd like to see pics of the RB-T though, show off that new paint job!!

Chris

goonster
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I've also had an RB-T repainted, and now I'm having a custom fork made for it . . . costing more than I paid for the B-stone as a complete bike! It also has a custom, sterling silver head badge.

A great riding, versatile bike.