PDA

View Full Version : The Adirondack 540 - Route changes caused by Hurricane

dhoff
09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Next weekend is the Adirondack 540, an annual ride that goes through the Adirondack Mountains on a 136 mile course with about 8,000 feet of climbing per lap.

Due to the wash out of two of the bridges on the course, the route has been changed. Exact changes will be posted on the ADK540 site at http://www.adkultracycling.com/adk540/ sometime tomorrow.

Suffice it to say that the new route is slightly longer and is likely to involve a little more climbing so the individual laps will be in the area of 143 miles and 8,500 feet of climbing.

So that means that
1 lap will be 143 and 8500
2 laps 186 and 17,000
3 laps 429 and 25,500
4 laps 572 and 34,000 feet of climbing

All these numbers are only approximate. Again, the new cue sheets will be posted soon.

In case this is the first time you are hearing about this, John Ceceri puts on a great event and it will be a weekend to remember. Only this year will you get to say "I rode in the longest ADK 540 of all time." The one lap ride is a blast, two laps a monster and more than that, I hope to learn next year.

Oh and by the way, I have had a couple of people bail out and have room in my hotel room if any of you are gonna take this on at the last minute. PM me.

-dH