PDA

View Full Version : Hello again my friend, the bicycle...

bikerboy337
09-11-2011, 07:33 AM
So its been over two weeks since I've been on my bike... first, hurricane Irene stepped in, ruined a weekend, then daycare was out of Commission for three days, so I was a stay at home dad to my 3 year old, which left no opportunity to bike.. then daycare opened, but we had baby #2 the night before. I've been home since last Wednesday with wife and baby, its been great, but no time to bike... Tomorrow, its back to work, and back to the ability to bike at lunch...looking forward to getting some exercise after these two weeks...

It amazes me how cranky/foul I can be when I dont have the opportunity to work out/bike... it improves my mood a thousand fold when I can bike, even if its just a quick 45 minutes...

binxnyrwarrsoul
09-11-2011, 09:01 AM
"Why don't you go ride your damn bike, crab-ass!!" I've heard that refrain many times. And, the reality is, I, and I think all of us, are much happier and just plain in a better mood when we ride regularly. Nice that we have this thing. Having a bad day, stress, some drama etc.? Instead of "escaping" in a bottle, white powder, etc, our "escape" is a bike ride. And that simply is the coolest.