PDA

View Full Version : speedgoat.com - better/worse/same?

pdmtong
09-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I started buying from speedgoat probably 10 years ago but last time was before the move.

has pricing / service gotten better/worse or the same?

happy with them before...chris in tech was really helpful. is he still there? posting here since can't tell from the website.

presumbly they'll get a more CC like feel now that Andy is there.

ols
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I was also a big fan of Speedgoat (and helpful Chris) while they were originally in PA and haven't ordered much from them since either. I do think Chris is no longer there though:

http://www.speedgoat.com/News.aspx/Article/5404

crossjunkee
09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
eh, same. I think they're pricing is a little on the high side. But then again, I'm not loyal to internet shopping. If I order online, I want the best price possible. Local shops are a different story.

crankles
09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
+1 for current speedgoat incarnation. I've ordered several time from them in the past 12 months. Never a problem. answered questions happily...etc. I've even gotten some really good deals on cross brakes and tires from them.

Dave B
09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I have had nothing but bad luck bad service and mistakes galore on their part.

They have cool stuff, but I wouldn't and haven't used them in years. Just left a bad taste in my mouth. I am sure I am the rare occasion.

zap
09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
The PA shop was cool and never had a problem with them.

Earlier this year I did purchase a small item. I did get the part but took longer than previous purchases from the PA shop and communication was poor.

Won't go back.

loewer
09-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I just had an issue with a Conti tire purchased in the spring, and Speedgoat handled it (return/replacement) quickly and professionally...no problems whatsoever. Service was as good (or better) than what I get at the LBS.