PDA

View Full Version : Campy Wheel Question

gianni
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I know that many of you will know the answer to this question and I appreciate any input.

I have a shimano splined campy proton wheelset. Can I convert to campy 11 with a new freehub? Would I have to change-out the axle and redish?

Advice/thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

lhuerta
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
No need to redish or install new axles, just install a new Campy freehub. I am sure that if you contact Peter @ Vecchios he can help you with the part.
Lou

gianni
09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Good news indeed.

cheers, :beer:

akelman
09-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I might have the freehub you need. Send me a PM, and I'll check in the morning.

oldpotatoe
09-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I know that many of you will know the answer to this question and I appreciate any input.

I have a shimano splined campy proton wheelset. Can I convert to campy 11 with a new freehub? Would I have to change-out the axle and redish?

Advice/thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Campag freehub is plug and play..Axle end off(it is left threaded, 17mm wrench, righty-loosey), remove 's' type one, oil pawls, slide Campagnolo one on, seat pawls, tighten(lefty-tighty)...go ride.

And I do have the freehub body-new-

dana_e
09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
my buddy slapped one of these in for me and greased around the pawls

should I use oil instead>?

any recommendation?

oliver1850
09-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Grease might make them stick in really cold weather. I've had it happen with a freewheel, but never with a freehub. No fun when you're miles from home and the hub won't drive the bike.

oldpotatoe
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
my buddy slapped one of these in for me and greased around the pawls

should I use oil instead>?

any recommendation?

Oil, I use Mobil One..grease can make the pawls stick down, stick one down, smash into the second-break it and perhaps the third as well.

boywander
09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Oil, I use Mobil One..grease can make the pawls stick down, stick one down, smash into the second-break it and perhaps the third as well.

My friend thought I was weird using Mobile One on my bike. It's cheap comparing to bike product counterpart. :beer: