Have you seen the new MOOTS

Divide
MootoX RSL
Psychlo RSL

What about the new MootoX RSL ?

your thought on design

6mt
09-07-2011, 01:46 AM
if i have the money, a psycholo X will be in my garage by now.

gearguywb
09-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I am biased since my main ride this year has been a Vamoots RSL, but I checked out the X RSL and thought it was a fantastic bike. The Psychlo would be great as well. The whole RSL line is designed as "go fast" bikes. If that is what you are looking for then, IMHO, you can't go wrong.

Uncle Jam's Army
09-07-2011, 05:33 AM
The Psychlo X RSL looks absolutely great. If I ever get permission to buy another bike, it will be this one.

happycampyer
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM
I love my RSL and have toyed with the idea of replacing my YBB with a MootoX RSL, but just don't ride offroad enough to justify it. If I raced 'cross, I would get a Psychlo-X RSL in a heartbeat. I even tried to convince Moots to allow me to have Steve Hampsten design a Strada Bianca RSL, but was unsuccessful. C'est la vie.

Dave B
09-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I love my RSL and have toyed with the idea of replacing my YBB with a MootoX RSL, but just don't ride offroad enough to justify it. If I raced 'cross, I would get a Psychlo-X RSL in a heartbeat. I even tried to convince Moots to allow me to have Steve Hampsten design a Strada Bianca RSL, but was unsuccessful. C'est la vie.

You should get the MX RSL, life is too short. Also send me the MX YBB since we are naming our son after you! :)

You already know my address.

happycampyer
09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
You should get the MX RSL, life is too short. Also send me the MX YBB since we are naming our son after you! :)

You already know my address.You're so right! Maybe the reason I don't ride offroad enough is because I don't have the Mooto-X RSL. ;). I'll send you the tracking info.

P.S. Wouldn't a Strada Bianca RSL be cool?

Mikej
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I think the RSL line up should be full custom, only because they dont fit me!

Dave B
09-07-2011, 08:10 AM
You're so right! Maybe the reason I don't ride offroad enough is because I don't have the Mooto-X RSL. ;). I'll send you the tracking info.

P.S. Wouldn't a Strada Bianca RSL be cool?

Yeah I think so. What was their reasoning? I know they don't work with Steve much anymore, but I wonder if Kent could do the same tubing as Moots. Still would be wicked cool!

If the MootoX ever decides to move on, you have got to let me know.

RedRider
09-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Moots Forum?

oldpotatoe
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I think the RSL line up should be full custom, only because they dont fit me!

Custom is available. 'RSL' for thinner, butted tubes to make it lighter because you butt ti tubes on;y to make them lighter. PLUS bigger tubes are mitred easier to big tubes, hence the PF BB30 BB shell.

I'd just get a Psychlo-X..not the RSL...but already got a Moots...first and last ti frame I will ever need or want to buy.

93legendti
09-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Custom is available. 'RSL' for thinner, butted tubes to make it lighter because you butt ti tubes on;y to make them lighter. PLUS bigger tubes are mitred easier to big tubes, hence the PF BB30 BB shell.

I'd just get a Psychlo-X..not the RSL...but already got a Moots...first and last ti frame I will ever need or want to buy.
Did you get a price break on your Moots?

that guy
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
There's a cool article on the Moots factory and how they're made in the new issue of Dirt Rag.

oldpotatoe
09-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Did you get a price break on your Moots?

As a bike shop owner that sells Moots? I paid wholesale. No EP.

John H.
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I just got a RSL Custom 29'er- super sweet rig-

6mt
09-07-2011, 04:24 PM
As a bike shop owner that sells Moots? I paid wholesale. No EP.i envy you so so so sosososososos much

Cinellas
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Psychlo-X FTW

rnhood
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
i envy you so so so sosososososos much

No reason for envy. Amortized over a number of years, the difference between retail and wholesale is....well, its moot. And even at list price a Moots appears to be a bargain - especially given its beautifully executed construction detail.

oldpotatoe
09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
i envy you so so so sosososososos much

Altho the frame is nice as is the pricing, owning a little bike shop(or any small business) is a labor of 'like' for sure.

As long as the stack of green stamps is bigger than the stack of red stamps, I'll continue.

And remember, partners are for dancing, after being stolen from by my former one for almost a decade.

Sorry for the thread creep..