PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Ti frame

shankldu
09-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Anyone familiar with them ,ride characteristics ,intended use etc

phcollard
09-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh yeah I have one. Fantastic ride, smooths the road yet stiff enough for me, very stable. I love it. Intended use? Uh... road?

jeo99
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
First generation Colorado TI. Preceeded Legend TI. Great ride for lighter riders, can be a little flexy for larger riders as most early Ti frames.

:beer:

shankldu
09-06-2011, 09:27 AM
means there are touring frames ,racing frames etc

Oh yeah I have one. Fantastic ride, smooths the road yet stiff enough for me, very stable. I love it. Intended use? Uh... road?

shankldu
09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
[
Im 6. 4 215lbs ground pounder getting nervous now as to the flexy thing i allready paid for it it. If its a real noodle ill cut it loose .

QUOTE=jeo99]First generation Serotta TI. Preceeded Legend TI. Great ride for lighter riders, can be a little flexy for larger riders as most early Ti frames.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

jeo99
09-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I am just a little shorter and lighter and my Colorado Ti was flexy. Ben said to send it back. He put the Ti-Max(MTB-Frame) downtube on my Colorado Ti and the flexing disappeared! The larger dia. tubing from the Ti-Max smoothed out the ride. Now that is customer service.

DRZRM
09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I have one, 6'3" 220+ certainly no noodle. Very comfortable, I also have a SSR Independent Fab, and a Zanc CX, and that is not a word that I would use to describe it at all. it is a great frame.

phcollard
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
No noodle at all. The Colorado swagged tubing certainly helps. I'm only 170 lbs though... but it's true there's a little "spring effect" when you pound hard. That's not a drawback, more something to like :)

It's not a touring frame, more a road racing/training ride. I have not checked the catalogs but I believe the Colorado Ti might have a slightly longer wheelbase that, say, a CSi of the same size.

dave thompson
09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
The Colorado Ti explained here: http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76334 including stock geometries.

Side note; I've been around/owned Serottas for 12 years, I've never heard them described as noodles or flexy, even under very big guys.

Marcusaurelius
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I rode one for a couple of months however it didn't quite fit me. I am about 220 lbs and I didn't find it flexy at all.

93legendti
09-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I had one of the first ones and rode it hard for 13 years. Even today, it would be as fine a ride as any ti bike. Not flexy in the least. ( Mine was a 53cm TT with a 52cm ST).

beercan
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
what do colorado's go for these days? been looking for one for awhile now !

DRZRM
09-06-2011, 02:50 PM
My understanding is the Colorado and Legend are the same thing (ti butted tubes), I think the switch in name happened in 98 or 99 (mine's a 97). Pricing around here has been in the $750-1,100 range, I think it is the 1" headtuubs that hurts more than the pre-Legend name.

jeo99
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
The Colorado Ti explained here: http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76334 including stock geometries.

Side note; I've been around/owned Serottas for 12 years, I've never heard them described as noodles or flexy, even under very big guys.

Dave,
With all due respect, I never stated noodle but rather a "little flexy". I think there is a difference. In-fact the word flex is used in the '94 catalog. Do not know your riding style but I like to get out of the saddle every now and then and see how how quickly I can get up to max speed. It is just a training routine from my Carmichael Training days. My original Colorado Ti would rub the F/D when out of the saddle. In fact our club had several Ti's at the time and they most all moved. Rarely does any bike move by mere cadence in the saddle. I do not want mine to move out of the saddle either. My CSI's have never moved out of the saddle. I provided about a third of the catalogs listed and still looking for a '93 catalog. '93 was the first Colorado Ti before the CSI. Have owned Serotta's since '82. As Ben can attest, I own over 20 of the various make and models that Ben has produced.

shankldu
09-07-2011, 11:57 AM
of course a 53 is going to be more stiff , and there will be a diff in a 61 cm which im talking a bout ,which is why companies now used different size specific tubing on larger frames as the longer the tube the more flex .

I had one of the first ones and rode it hard for 13 years. Even today, it would be as fine a ride as any ti bike. Not flexy in the least. ( Mine was a 53cm TT with a 52cm ST).