PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why the Serotta Swag

goblue
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
store has just vanished! Why would the company forgo the opportunity to sell logoed products to loyal owners and others who are more than willing to share the message that Serotta makes wonderful bikes!

beungood
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
/\ What he said!

rhump
09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
As a new Serotta owner, I would agree. I went looking on the company website just the other day (with no luck) for some company branded merchandise. Please let me know if there is anyway I can order some stuff.

Thanks,

Rob

dekindy
09-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Serotta has made every effort to do this without success. I am perfectly content to let them make wonderful bikes.

JDtwowheels
09-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Yep, and to add insult to injury I have emailed them a few times to see how I can purchase a t-shirt and received no reply.

ps. two serotta family.

Bruce K
09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
For some reason soft goods has been very difficult for Serotta. It seems to go in waves and they have been caught with an abundance of items/inventory on more than one occassion.

Maybe the success of the Forum kit will allow for more opportunities for soft good items.

Give it a little time.

BK

Dave B
09-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I could use some bottles as I keep running my IF ones. Help a brother out and do another run! um please.

BumbleBeeDave
09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
. . . for a business the size of Serotta. While I am certainly not a biz major, I doubt the income generated would justify the space needed to hold inventory, the cash outlay to order that inventory up front, and what would likely be near-full time clerical employee to take the orders, manage the inventory, prepare and ship orders, manage customer service.

I think Serotta has 35 or so employees. When you consider all the stuff Serotta does, including building bikes, R&D in carbon, and all the other stuff that goes into actually rolling frames out the door, their people need to be doing the things that make money on those frames, and shipping t-shirts out the door does not do it.

JDtwowheels, I'm betting you didn't get a reply to your e-mail because the e-mails go to some poor guy who is already getting 100 other e-mails every day while doing two or three other jobs and there's just no way to keep up. I know that may seem like a sorry excuse, but it's real life in a small business.

I know Ben is interested in soft goods. Just be patient. The last couple of years of poor economy have meant that many, many small businesses have to strip to the bone to keep going.

BBD

jlwdm
09-05-2011, 11:43 PM
The problem was the last swag was terrible. Just well executed basic items would sell.

Jeff

false_Aest
09-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Dude,

Talked to Ben this afternoon. He said he was on his 5th or 6th wine cooler but repeated multiple times that he's all about new t-shirts.

They're white with a day-glo "S" on the front.

They say "Not just for dentists anymore" on the back.

effin count me in.

Ben also gave me permission to do this to your blank jerseys for a minimal cost.

So, send me $20 and a jersey (preferably the Performance Century III in white or green) and the missus and I will silk screen the poop out of it. HARDCORE! Return shipping is included in the cost. (international and brothers from the northern mothers are a lil bit extra).

Nothin says "Bitchin! BALLERS!" like some DIY kits yo. Channel your inner bike punk

http://arteknyc.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/0241.jpg

ATMO.

Mr. Squirrel
09-06-2011, 08:14 AM
that is nutty. you may purchase my swag. what do you ride and where do you live? for mailing purposes only, really.

http://images5.cpcache.com/product/wildlife-t154-t143/245923915v5_225x225_Front.jpg

mr. squirrel

Nooch
09-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Realistically though, with the quality available in screenprinting these days from Zazzle or Cafe Press or the like, why not just set up shop with one of them? They produce what's purchased, on good quality merch (american apparel, hanes, etc...) and then you don't have to worry about the initial investment/stocking/clerical duties...

The graphics are already built (like the Steel Crazy and the VentiCinque) so ship em off to cafe or zazzle and let the demand speak for itself..

My $.02

Mr. Squirrel
09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Realistically though, with the quality available in screenprinting these days from Zazzle or Cafe Press or the like, why not just set up shop with one of them? They produce what's purchased, on good quality merch (american apparel, hanes, etc...) and then you don't have to worry about the initial investment/stocking/clerical duties...

The graphics are already built (like the Steel Crazy and the VentiCinque) so ship em off to cafe or zazzle and let the demand speak for itself..

My $.02

this person is not nuts.

mr. squirrel

Nooch
09-06-2011, 08:24 AM
this person is not nuts.

mr. squirrel

Respect from the Rodent? Sweet. I'll continue barking at your brethren to keep them from perishing under my wheels.

FlashUNC
09-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I'd like some softgoods to supplement my Serotta love, but I can only wear so many t-shirts, have so many water bottles in the cabinet or doff so many cycling caps.

So I'm not losing too much sleep over it.