PDA

View Full Version : Speedvagen sizing question

akelman
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Does anyone happen to know the seat tube angle and head tube angle on a 58 cm stock road 'Vagen? And if you've got such a beast in your garage, do you mind telling me what the range of saddle heights is with the ISP (from the center of the bb to the center of the rails)? Finally, I'd like to know the height of the head tube. I ask all of this because I had a 56 cm 'Vagen for awhile, and man did I love it, but it never really fit me properly. I couldn't get enough setback or saddle height, no matter what I did. On the other hand, it had too much saddle-to-bar drop for my old-man back.

Also, yes, I know I can get in touch with the good folks in Portland, but the shop is closed today. And as an American, I demand instant gratification. So here I am. Celebrate Labor Day by helping me!

lhuerta
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
You can find most of this info on their website...see ORDERS section for GEO chart

http://speedvagen.com

Lou

akelman
09-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I know, Lou, but that doesn't have a bunch of the information I want: saddle height, head tube angle, and a real-world measurement of the head tube's length. My 56 Speedvagen had a 55.5 top tube and a relatively slack head tube angle, which meant that the tt felt even shorter than it was. I want to know if the same is true of a 58. Thanks.

rphetteplace
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty that most are custom now. The ISP is going to be whatever length you need it to be or whatever the 1st owner cut it to. I know I'm zero help but this is all I've got :)

rwsaunders
09-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Try calling Sacha and the gang in Stumptown with your questions as they are very accessible and accommodating.

akelman
09-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Try calling Sacha and the gang in Stumptown with your questions as they are very accessible and accommodating.

Yup, they've always been very generous with their time. I guess I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks.