PDA

View Full Version : OT : Bye Bye Bernie

Smiley
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
You were too greedy and soon you and all your buddies can play cards together in the BIG house . No Parole for you :banana:

MCI was a fabulous Washington DC company that was taken down by the likes of Ebbers and his crooked associates .

Ozz
07-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Maybe Martha can embroider some nice curtains for his cell....

still doesn't get the money back to the folks who lost their retirement savings. :crap:

saab2000
07-13-2005, 01:00 PM
I lost several thousand dollars to that MOFO and I would not mind seeing him rot with the rats for the rest of his life.

I am glad that at least some of the corporate crooks are getting busted.

My ex- and I invested several thousand dollars in Worldcom a few years ago and saw it all disappear. It sucks to work my a$$ off for my money and then see some wad like that living like effin' royalty on my money!!!!

Rot, Bernie, Rot

DarkStar
07-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Gets 25 years!

Bruce Jacobs
07-13-2005, 04:26 PM
get the bastards. I lost over $16k in my IRA when Global Crossing went under, another telecom. Arthur Anderson was the accountant and I certainly could use the money now. :confused:

BumbleBeeDave
07-13-2005, 10:13 PM
. . . he had the selfish arrogance to cry when he got sentenced. Gee, I feel SO sorry for him. I agree--he deserves to rot and I hope gets a very, er, “attentive” cellmate!

BBDave

Spinsistah
07-14-2005, 10:38 AM
I worked at Cinti Bell for years, and when Rick Ellenberger and his MCI cronies took over, they ran what was a profitable company into the ground by acquiring IXC and its debt. Changed the name to Broadwing, did it flop. The broadband piece sucked the profits out of the access line side. Bell's stock dropped from around $41 to under $2. It now sits at around $4 and change. Ellenberger? He left, but of course, made a ton of money in the process. Someone should have shot the SOB.

Smiley
07-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Broadwing got bought by another chip eqipment maker , geez forget their name now out of Columbia MD , I had bought their stinkin stock too and then they changed their name to Broadwing the company they acquired . This whole scam sucks .

I think all these bastards betrayed they company's trust and they should all go to jail

LegendRider
07-14-2005, 10:47 AM
. . . he had the selfish arrogance to cry when he got sentenced. Gee, I feel SO sorry for him. I agree--he deserves to rot and I hope gets a very, er, “attentive” cellmate!

BBDave

I know you're being funny, but prison rape is a serious and very disturbing problem. Check out: http://www.spr.org/

BumbleBeeDave
07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
. . . necessarily just trying to be funny. IMHO he ABSOLUTELY deserves WHATEVER he gets in prison. Flame me if you will, but considering how many lives he and his ilk have ruined--how many retirements they have cost people, how much hard earned money of other people's they have squandered, and how unrepentant Ebbers and others have been, I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

BBDave

Ozz
07-14-2005, 12:59 PM
I know you're being funny, but prison rape is a serious and very disturbing problem. Check out: http://www.spr.org/
Yeah, prison sucks. If you don't want to go, don't steal from people.

William
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM

BBDave

http://www.nmia.com/~jfdemps/addemps/bubba.gif

zap
07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Now what about all these analysts who pushed stocks to investors in the mid to late '90's? These people are paid big bucks to gather intel on corporations yet the vast majority of these analysts couldn't have bothered to talk to mid level managers to get the real scoop.

It's sad to see the same thing happening today. One could have a lengthy discussion about this whole thing, but it's best done while enjoying dinner at some superduperfancyeaterywhereyourmoneywillbeputtogood use.

BumbleBeeDave
07-14-2005, 03:18 PM
. . . I didn't know you were serving time right now. Do they let you keep the laptop in your cell to access the forum? ;)

BBDave

Dekonick
07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I lost several thousand dollars to that MOFO and I would not mind seeing him rot with the rats for the rest of his life.

I am glad that at least some of the corporate crooks are getting busted.

My ex- and I invested several thousand dollars in Worldcom a few years ago and saw it all disappear. It sucks to work my a$$ off for my money and then see some wad like that living like effin' royalty on my money!!!!

Rot, Bernie, Rot

Ditto

William
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
. . . I didn't know you were serving time right now. Do they let you keep the laptop in your cell to access the forum? ;)

BBDave

http://www.nmia.com/~jfdemps/addemps/bubba.gif

Heh, heh, heh, yeah, I got my lap top....ON TOP OF MY LAP!!! I hare I'z a gettin a new rombmate. Heh, heh, heh don drop da soap der bernie :butt: .

JohnS
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I remember seeing on TV a few months ago, a special on Richard Speck, who killed those Chicago student nurses back in the '60's. They had video of him in prison taking hormone shots to grow b**bs. He could only survive in prison by being someone's b*tch. I felt no sympathy at all. Sometimes life imprisonment is much worse than the death penalty.

LegendRider
07-15-2005, 07:58 AM
. . . necessarily just trying to be funny. IMHO he ABSOLUTELY deserves WHATEVER he gets in prison. Flame me if you will, but considering how many lives he and his ilk have ruined--how many retirements they have cost people, how much hard earned money of other people's they have squandered, and how unrepentant Ebbers and others have been, I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

BBDave

Turning a bling eye to someone getting violently raped is barbaric. It has NOTHING to do with Ebbers' crime, for which no reasonable person objects to a severe penalty. I'm disgusted anyone could be so callous.

BumbleBeeDave
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
. . . I am not nearly so callous. But on THIS one I cannot be so forgiving. Ebber's selfishness has not killed people, but it has literally sentenced thousands of people to a lifetime of broken dreams and possibly near-poverty. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing and he did it anyway. And this only keeps happening because big-shot executives like him think they can get away with it, or if they get caught they will get off easy because it's "only" minor "white-collar" crime.

I am normally a pretty reasonable guy, but on this one I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Put Bernie in the chair and show me the switch.

BBDave

LegendRider
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I agree with you that the ramifications of his crimes are serious (destroyed careers, lost savings, etc.) He and other white collar criminals should be punished severely. But, advocating extra-legal punishment by violent inmates is wrong on so many levels. Read some of the material on the website I linked to in my original post and maybe you'll rethink your position.

JohnS
07-15-2005, 01:37 PM
I agree with you that the ramifications of his crimes are serious (destroyed careers, lost savings, etc.) He and other white collar criminals should be punished severely. But, advocating extra-legal punishment by violent inmates is wrong on so many levels. Read some of the material on the website I linked to in my original post and maybe you'll rethink your position.
I don't know if you know this, but prisons are filled with criminals. If you don't want to join them, don't break the law. He wasn't put there because he jaywalked. He's too old and ugly to be very "popular", anyways.

LegendRider
07-15-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't know if you know this, but prisons are filled with criminals. If you don't want to join them, don't break the law. He wasn't put there because he jaywalked. He's too old and ugly to be very "popular", anyways.

Why don't we keep the discussion civil? Your smart-aleck atitude is unnecessary.

I think we'd both agree that avoiding prison is a good thing and certainly drastically lowers your chances for being raped if you're male. But, I suppose where we differ is I believe the laws against rape (which apply in prison BTW) should be enforced. Would you care to explain when rape is OK in your mind?

Also, your comment about "too old and ugly to be very popular" shows how little you know about the subject.

BumbleBeeDave
07-15-2005, 03:26 PM
. . . that neither one of you are going to convince the other, and this is headed down the road to Flameland.

Perhaps Kevin could tell us about his wonderful new carbon handlebars . . . Kevin? KEVIN??? . . .

BBDave

LegendRider
07-15-2005, 04:40 PM
. . . that neither one of you are going to convince the other, and this is headed down the road to Flameland.

Perhaps Kevin could tell us about his wonderful new carbon handlebars . . . Kevin? KEVIN??? . . .

BBDave

Agreed. No more me - I've made my view clear.