PDA

View Full Version : Demo or rental in San Fran?

jwb96
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I want to ride while I'm out in San Fran the last week of September. I'll be staying in San Fran and visiting a friend in Oakland, so looking for something convenient between the two. Where can I get a good road bike for a day? Not too picky, but it would be fun to get something really snazzy. Free demo would be sweet too.

Thanks,
Jim in Maine

d.vader123
09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
If I recall, the rental places are located in an around fisherman's wharf. There's also one on columbus ave.

It's called blazing saddles.

Edit: I see you wanted something snazzy...Hmm...I don't know if any bike shops will let you rent a nice bike out for the entire day.

alexstar
09-01-2011, 05:14 PM
I bet plenty of shops will... try calling them individually. You might check with Big Swingin' Cycles, City Cycle, and Pacific Bicycle in SF; and in Oakland, Montano Velo (Moots dealer) and Cyclesports (Serotta and Parlee dealer).

If you can make it to Mill Valley, visit Above Category - Pegoretti, Moots, Parlee, Baum... amazing shop.

jwb96
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I bet plenty of shops will... try calling them individually. You might check with Big Swingin' Cycles, City Cycle, and Pacific Bicycle in SF; and in Oakland, Montano Velo (Moots dealer) and Cyclesports (Serotta and Parlee dealer).

If you can make it to Mill Valley, visit Above Category - Pegoretti, Moots, Parlee, Baum... amazing shop.
I found a couple of your suggestions advertise rentals on their website, so it looks like I'm in business. Thanks!

edl
09-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Try Sports Basement or Pacific Bicycle.