PDA

View Full Version : Re-Paint is Awesome

mdeeds71
07-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Just got back my colorado II from Billy Lane in NY...he use to be at Serotta in the paint shop...believe he also painted my frame originaly...

Top notch work...Pearl White with Charcoal/Ti decals...Refinished the fillit fills, clear over the decal very smooth...great depth to color...a quality guy with quality work...would highly recommend him....

Picture to follow soon...ready for the rebuild...

Do I really need to get the head and BB faced???

dbrk
07-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Do I really need to get the head and BB faced???

No! You only need to do this if the paint does not permit a clean seal with the hs and bb.

Many congrats. Does Billy have a website?

dbrk

mdeeds71
07-12-2005, 09:00 PM
No website since he is really focusing on wood work...but for 325.00 for a great finish...well worth getting ahold of him...I have his contact info...

He does not do the finish that Joe Bell i.e.decals not able to be felt...but it is better than the original serotta finish...Well given technology/paint has improved between 91 and now...well you get the idea...I compare it to my CDA and it is at the same quality...was a 4 week wait but also had the beginning of summer holiday...

If you need to get ahold of him...PM me...

mdeeds71
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
What about the fork race setting area...should that be cleaned of paint...steeel fork with crown right up to the race painted as well.

Smiley
07-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Love Billy Lane , the ex-head paint dude at Serotta , he painted my Hors Sizzler while he was there . He went out on his own to start NorthEast Custom Paintworks , which I believe is now done and Billy is still painting frames on the side but doing other ventures , I had contacted him with regards painting my Kogswell , he did not at the time want to mess with cleaning off the old powder coat , so I went elsewhere for cheaper . But its good to hear that Billy is doing well .