PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Question...

oldguy00
08-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Had someone buy something from me on ebay. Ends up they are located in Japan, which I don't ship to.
They sent me paypal payment. On the payment, it says the paypal user is 'Non-US - Verified'.
The shipping address he gave me via paypal is a US address (freight forwarder according to him) listed as 'Non-verified'.

As long as I have a tracking number and can show that it was shipped and delivered, is there any risk??
Thx!

AngryScientist
08-29-2011, 07:58 AM
im certainly not an expert, but it sounds like you dont have any real exposure. i would go forward with it, keep copies of everything.

stephenmarklay
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I might just call into Paypal customer service. Although I am nervous nelly about this stuff.

I sent money to the wrong address last month and a call into Paypal helped figure that out.

cmg
08-29-2011, 08:10 AM
doesn't really sound like a problem. just get delivery confirmation whether signature or not.

ultraman6970
08-29-2011, 08:11 AM
IMO sounds weird. the US addres is from san francisco, miami or something like that? Asking because those are the main ports and it could be real tho. Japanese in general is pretty honest but i find it weird tho, have shipped there and 1st time I heard of a US forward address for a japanese guy, not saying that cant be possible but always those addresses are like PO boxes tho.

An advice, always put in your item description that if somebody overseas wants to bid for your stuff they let you know 1st to avoid problems in the future, I do believe u can buy a tracking number to japan and it will show up in the states. As for other countries like thailand, taiwan and others I advice not deal with them at all, the stuff always gets magically lost and never gets to destination even having a tracking number.

If the item is small probably the best u can do is to ak the guy for his japanese address and send it there man, buy a confirmation number too. If he likes it, great if not ... well is your call. Dont see why he should say no, u know.

oldguy00
08-29-2011, 08:13 AM
4283 Express Lane, Suite R7796, Sarasota, Florida

I'll be shipping it there via courier, so will have tracking, etc., hopefully won't be an issue.

ultraman6970
08-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Thats a warehouse, probably is a Currier service, have a brazilian friend that has one in miami. PITA to make the guys to ship there because they think is a scam, so sometimes he send the stuff to me.

steampunk
08-29-2011, 08:28 AM
sounds like a freight forwarder or freight consolidator. pretty common practice for int'l shipments. i assume the buyer has made their arrangements with the forwarder and does not expect you to deal with any of that.

aside from making copies of everything, i would suggest taking pictures of the item in the box as packed right before you ship it, and also at the point you drop the package off (like right at the UPS store for example). insure it of course.

that way if this turns out to a he-said-she-said between you and the freight forwarder you have proof.

once the freight forwarder receives and accepts your shipment i believe the contract is now between the forwarder and the buyer and they are now fully responsible for getting the item there. you might also want to make that clear to your buyer that your responsibility is only up to the point the item gets to the forwarder.

Pegoready
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Sounds fine to me. I have sold to Japanese via freight forwarders in the past. All ended up well.

Make sure the guy's feedback is consistently positive.

LouDeeter
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
If the payment has already been released to your account and isn't pending buyer's feedback, then I think that is a plus. You can google that address and you will get nothing, but if you look at google maps you will see that it is a warehouse. Take away the suite number and you will find listings in that warehouse for other freight forwarders. Ask the buyer for a telephone number of the freight forwarder. That might help as well.

socalspeedsk8r
08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I have Chinese customers that use this method all the time. Freight forwarder is in NJ and LA. Have never had an issue at all. The one thing that most people don't realize is that the Paypal funds are more likely than not coming from overseas so the Paypal fees to recieive the money is higher, 4% verses 2.9%.

Scott

Don49
08-29-2011, 02:58 PM
According to PP's Seller Protection FAQ you should be covered even if shipping to an unconfirmed address. See excerpt below:

"You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details page, and the transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible.

Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is unconfirmed."