PDA

View Full Version : Jullich's negative charisma

neverraced
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Boy, can that guy suck the oxygen out of a country when he gets in front of the camera. Has the guy ever said anything positive about himself, made any kind of optimistic statement about his ability or his chances? This guy was set to represent American cycling if Armstrong didn't come back from his operation.

shiftinjon
07-12-2005, 11:18 AM
What do you want him to do, wave a flag and pound his chest during interviews? Some people like self-effacing personalities, and are repulsed by the blowhards. This is pro sports, not the Olympics.

BJ is a member of a team that is riding in support of Ivan Basso, remember? Bobby isn't thinking, "Well, I'm an American; I should be the center of attention here. :rolleyes:

csb
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Boy, can that guy suck the oxygen out of a country when he gets in front of the camera. Has the guy ever said anything positive about himself, made any kind of optimistic statement about his ability or his chances? This guy was set to represent American cycling if Armstrong didn't come back from his operation.

i didnt realize my taxes were supporting his efforts

flag wavers suck worse than clinchers

csb
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
he seems to be a kind + intelligent individual, well
spoken with a mature out look.

you want him to bite off a bit of a competitors ear
maybe talk trash about lances mum?

CNY rider
07-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I was fully expecting McEwen to take a chomp out of O'Grady during the head butt finish.......

Too Tall
07-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Geeze, so he does not have great social skills. Big surprise.

andy mac
07-12-2005, 12:51 PM
i have found in business and sport, with a few exceptions, the better you are the less satisfied you are. often that's what drives them (you).

and the better you are, often, the more modest you are.

(from some of the forum attitude i'd expect some of the posters to have won at least 3 TdF's)

maybe he's disappointed at busting his *** and never making the podium?

maybe his disappointed his team's not riding for him?

maybe he's always dreamed of wining the tour or an olympic gold and knows he'll never realize that dream?

maybe it's hard getting out of bed each day for 3 weeks knowing you'll do your best and that's not good enough?

maybe he just says what he feels not what you want to hear?

boulder_courier
07-12-2005, 01:51 PM
This guy was set to represent American cycling if Armstrong didn't come back from his operation.

He is not racing to represent American cycling. Man, you don't know the elitist cycling mentality very well. What most elite racers (including, dare I say Lance) race for are:

1. Themselves
2. Themselves
3. Their sponsers
4. Ther teammates
5. ? maybe their country, but really - themselves

Tom
07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Charles Barkley was right.

"I am not a role model."

Sheesh. I'd hate to actually be good at something if I had to somehow be some kind of shining example of all that is Good and True and Beautiful.

Dr. Doofus
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
wow

this has been amazingly moronic (and as a moron, doof would know)

is amazing charisma on camera a prerequisite for any job worth having?

it certainly has nothing to do with busting *** on a bike

slowgoing
07-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I saw a brief interview he gave during OLN coverage today and had the opposite impression. He basically said it was nice to have his legs feeling this good at this stage of the tour. I thought he was very pleasant and hopeful for a good showing the rest of the tour.

andy mac
07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
if nobody else including BJ wants to do it, i can represent american cycling after lance retires.

i'm not american although i have attended the monster truck show at the clark counrty fair and partied with tori spelling.

slowgoing
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
i'm not american although i have attended the monster truck show at the clark counrty fair and partied with tori spelling.

Dude, I am American and no way in the world I would ever party with Tori Spelling, let alone admit to it, especially in a public forum.

dirtdigger88
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
I guess that depends on you defination of "partied"

she may have a butter face- but she could be like a moped- fun as hell to ride- but you just dont want your friends to see you on it

http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/torispelling6.jpg
tori sends her love

Jason

H.Frank Beshear
07-12-2005, 09:54 PM
90wantone2 :D :beer: Frank