PDA

View Full Version : Bike Photo/Photoshop editing help!

azrider
08-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Seeking knowledge. Need to know from the photo pro's out there if it's poss to make the girl disappear? Potential for bada$ pic but someone didn't watch where they were going.

Thank you in advance for help.

BumbleBeeDave
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
. . . but it would be a LOT of work and the result would not, IMHO, be worth the effort.

BBD

false_Aest
08-28-2011, 04:43 PM
what bbd says.

would take hours and a sewing together of another picture or two to maek it work

Lorenz
08-28-2011, 04:56 PM
no problem!

he we go - that girl is gone for good...

Lorenz
08-28-2011, 04:58 PM
actually - just kidding. removing this girl is quite labor intensive - would expect that it would take about an hour in photoshop. but (as mentioned before) I very, very much doubt thtat the result will be worth it. an NO - i'm not taking abou the girl removed...

cheers,

lorenz

itsflantastic
08-28-2011, 04:58 PM
^hilarious kermit.
But yeah, you'd basically need to have another picture which you could combine with that one in the same light. And even then, with part of your body missing, you'd be pretty hard pressed to make a convincing replacement imho.

You could always do it again...

biker72
08-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Seeking knowledge. Need to know from the photo pro's out there if it's poss to make the girl disappear? Potential for bada$ pic but someone didn't watch where they were going.

Thank you in advance for help.

It would be much easier with a larger photo. Do you have a larger version??

HenryA
08-28-2011, 05:20 PM
You have an idea for a picture, but not a picture.
Go make some more and keep at it until you get there.
I say this kindly, only intending to encourage you to keep at it.

azrider
08-28-2011, 05:49 PM
as always thanks for the advice!

ultraman6970
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
U can erase her but u need to fill the space with something u know. Too much TV...

Like the trick with kermit :)

Germany_chris
08-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Remember in the CS5 introduction video it shows taking a horse out of a picture and photoshop filled in the back ground? It was one of the new features..

azrider
08-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Remember in the CS5 introduction video it shows taking a horse out of a picture and photoshop filled in the back ground? It was one of the new features..

Yes this. I've heard the CS5 software is amazing and can mimic the background behind the object your wanting to make dissappear. I would have much rather heard from those who've had experience with the software as opposed to those who felt need to chime in w/ nonesense. :rolleyes:

keevon
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
I would have much rather heard from those who've had experience with the software as opposed to those who felt need to chime in w/ nonesense. :rolleyes:
Then go find a professional and ask them.

johnnymossville
08-29-2011, 10:23 AM
send me the original.

John

BumbleBeeDave
08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Then go find a professional and ask them.

. . . I AM a professional . . . 30 years photojournalism experience. Others on the forum are also pro shooters. OP's question was perfectly legit and asked in the right place. Lots of people here who could help him and it's not unreasonable for him to want serious answers.

azrider . . . I agree with HenryA. You've got a good idea for a photo but you need to investigate further and see when this real opportunity will happen again--if it will--rather than trying to recreate it. As a newspaper shooter I often had to cover annual events or other regularly recurring events. I'd see an opportunity or get something close one time but it wouldn't quite happen, so I'd file it away till the next time and come back to do it right. Got a lot of good images that way . . .

BBD

azrider
08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
. . . I AM a professional . . . 30 years photojournalism experience. Others on the forum are also pro shooters. OP's question was perfectly legit and asked in the right place. Lots of people here who could help him and it's not unreasonable for him to want serious answers.

azrider . . . I agree with HenryA. You've got a good idea for a photo but you need to investigate further and see when this real opportunity will happen again--if it will--rather than trying to recreate it. As a newspaper shooter I often had to cover annual events or other regularly recurring events. I'd see an opportunity or get something close one time but it wouldn't quite happen, so I'd file it away till the next time and come back to do it right. Got a lot of good images that way . . .

BBD

Hey thanks BBD!! I always enjoy your shots of the New England area, and know you're one of the photog pros 'round here. I too thought it perfectly fine to ask the question and even directed it towards the "photo pro's" but sometimes people just have a bad day and feel the need to voice an unwarranted opinon. Like my dad always said "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Biggest reason i want the picture "photo-shopped" is cause i am the guy holding the bike and the GF (who took the pic) wanted to frame it badly so just trying to make it happen. (for me and her :) )

Have a great week dude and hope the storms didn't get ya.

Germany_chris
08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes this. I've heard the CS5 software is amazing and can mimic the background behind the object your wanting to make dissappear. I would have much rather heard from those who've had experience with the software as opposed to those who felt need to chime in w/ nonesense. :rolleyes:

I'm quite sure I could do much better with a larger image and other images of you on a bike, along with my tablet etc. but this is one layer and one fill...this is the easy part the hard part will be the legs the wheel..is it doable yup is it hard yup, so the people who do it for a living make a lot of money yup..

But I don't know anything about the program nor do I own it so I'll just be quiet... :crap:

Here is the intro vid...http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-creative-suite-5-launch-event/cs5-photography/

4:23

The other must have been an instructional video, can I chime in on things that I think would be helpful now?

biker72
08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm quite sure I could do much better with a larger image and other images of you on a bike, along with my tablet etc. but this is one layer and one fill...this is the easy part the hard part will be the legs the wheel..is it doable yup is it hard yup, so the people who do it for a living make a lot of money yup..

But I don't know anything about the program nor do I own it so I'll just be quiet... :crap:

Here is the intro vid...http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-creative-suite-5-launch-event/cs5-photography/

4:23

The other must have been an instructional video, can I chime in on things that I think would be helpful now?

I do have Photoshop 5 both at home and work and was willing to help out the OP but got no response to my question.

azrider
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I do have Photoshop 5 both at home and work and was willing to help out the OP but got no response to my question.

Oh I'm sorry. My intention wasn't to ignore I just didn't want to make you do the work but rather shoot me in right direction.

I'll shoot you pm. Thanks man.

buck-50
08-29-2011, 01:48 PM
It can't be done.

That is to say, of course it can be done provided you have the talent and resources to do it. You could braze a frame just as well as Richard Sachs, given the time and resources.

The big problem is, your photo can't capture what's behind her head. So the missing section of wheel, leg and anything else have to be painted in.

You can't clone something that isn't there.

Photoshop has some awesome healing brushes, but they need pixels to work. Removing the girl's body from the path is easy- there's lots of grass and dirt to sample. Photoshop and a talented user can make that work pretty well. But there's no info on that wheel. photoshop can't look at the existing curve of the wheel and extrapolate what needs to be filled in. Heck, most humans can't manage that.

So, you'd need to paint it. You could sample the existing wheel to get the color right, hit it with all manner of noise and blur brushes to soften the painted edges, etc. But chances are, you can't get it right. not because you don't have the skills or the resources, but because to do it right, you need to be working at the individual pixel level. Especially if you are going to blow it up and frame it. And that is hard.

What you can do is play with the levels, saturation and contrast in such a way that you emphasize the rider and de-emphasize the girl.

Good luck.

Germany_chris
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
It can't be done.

That is to say, of course it can be done provided you have the talent and resources to do it. You could braze a frame just as well as Richard Sachs, given the time and resources.

The big problem is, your photo can't capture what's behind her head. So the missing section of wheel, leg and anything else have to be painted in.

You can't clone something that isn't there.

Photoshop has some awesome healing brushes, but they need pixels to work. Removing the girl's body from the path is easy- there's lots of grass and dirt to sample. Photoshop and a talented user can make that work pretty well. But there's no info on that wheel. photoshop can't look at the existing curve of the wheel and extrapolate what needs to be filled in. Heck, most humans can't manage that.

So, you'd need to paint it. You could sample the existing wheel to get the color right, hit it with all manner of noise and blur brushes to soften the painted edges, etc. But chances are, you can't get it right. not because you don't have the skills or the resources, but because to do it right, you need to be working at the individual pixel level. Especially if you are going to blow it up and frame it. And that is hard.

What you can do is play with the levels, saturation and contrast in such a way that you emphasize the rider and de-emphasize the girl.

Good luck.

Remember I didn't paint anything it's "content aware fill"..and I think if you look to right I think those are remnants of his legs..the floor could come from the left side..the rest of the bike wheel could come from a section of the viewable bike wheel..my intent was to prove it could be done..thats 2 minutes worth of work with a trackpad and a tiny image..

azrider
08-29-2011, 01:56 PM
That's the best answer to my question, yet. Thank you for the response and insight. It's obvious you know what you're talking about, and yet posess the ability to explain it in lamens terms without being smarmy or feeling the need to cut and past a "muppet" character. Good on ya for the lesson.

This thread can pretty much go away now as I've gotten more than enough answers.

Hope everyone has a great week.

encoreman
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
I assume this is a shot that can't be reproduced. You can't the the same person and bike in the same place, light... that is the obvious answer.

I know the Kermit insert was just a joke, but not a bad idea.

If you have another picture of something to insert instead of the girl's head, that would be the quickest and easiest solution.

Since they are already putting in "Powerbar" adds, could you insert another banner or some relevant object?

Good luck.

Jack