07-11-2005, 11:22 AM
vote!

dirtdigger88
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
not that I think it will really happen with magnus- I just like that guy

Jason

William
07-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, not likely, but us big guys have to stick together. ;)

William

PhsychoCyclist
07-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Basso, Vino and Mayo take off at 5K. Disco chases but nobody comes with them. Lance gets off his bike, sits on the curb and begins to cry, the team car pulls up and Johan can't convince him to get back on his bike so Sheryl starts to sing to him and Robin Williams tells jokes. Lance gets back on his bike to escape sheryl's medley of Yoko Onno hit(s) Robin begins to channel Lenny Bruce, Lance goes on to win by several minutes and Robin dies in the hotel room toilet.

dirtdigger88
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Basso, Vino and Mayo take off at 5K. Disco chases but nobody comes with them. Lance gets off his bike, sits on the curb and begins to cry, the team car pulls up and Johan can't convince him to get back on his bike so Sheryl starts to sing to him and Robin Williams tells jokes. Lance gets back on his bike to escape sheryl's medley of Yoko Onno hit(s) Robin begins to channel Lenny Bruce, Lance goes on to win by several minutes and Robin dies in the hotel room toilet.

I will take a QP of what ever it is you have taken :D

Jason

William
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM

...but funny.

William ;)

bcm119
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Tomorrow's Lance's day. I think he waits for the t-mobile attack, then counters with his signature mtn top stage win. He knows there are fewer opportunities for him this year, so he'll be ready.

DD, I'll split that with you.

zeroking17
07-11-2005, 12:38 PM
In a wildly misguided attempt to avoid Lance's "evil eye," T-Mobile riders wear the legendary Heino glasses on the final climb (and inadvertently start a new fashion craze among Japanese youth).

Heino: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5991/

victoryfactory
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
If Vino, Jan and Kloden ever realize they are on the same team,
they could beat anyone.

VF

Climb01742
07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
another possibility...courchevel isn't actually the decisive day...everyone expects lance's first real mountain stage pyrotechnics...but disco and lance simply cover moves tuesday...letting people burn a lot of energy...and then blow everyone apart on stage 11. whoever is left standing is finished off on stage 15. just a thought...

JohnS
07-11-2005, 01:34 PM
The WADA and UCI impose a new, untested test to look for foreign substances in the blood. The entire peloton except for the French riders are disqualified. Everyone knows that the French are too slow to be taking anything artificial. :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
. . . Lance will deliver the knockout blow or do what Climb just said. It would fit in perfectly with the head games he likes to play--make 'em think he's in trouble, then POW!

BBDave

weisan
07-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Yep...T-Mobile attacks: Lance defends, loses no time

Pretty boring, isn't it?!! :D

Er...exactly which part you guys don't understand?!? The Jerk already said...Lance is the best biker in the W_O_R_L_D!!! :cool:

Sandy
07-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Yep...T-Mobile attacks: Lance defends, loses no time

Pretty boring, isn't it?!! :D

Er...exactly which part you guys don't understand?!? The Jerk already said...Lance is the best biker in the W_O_R_L_D!!! :cool:

Even better than me?? I doubt that. I seriously doubt that. :rolleyes:

Serious (?) Serotta Sandy

Dr. Doofus
07-11-2005, 02:22 PM
another possibility...courchevel isn't actually the decisive day...everyone expects lance's first real mountain stage pyrotechnics...but disco and lance simply cover moves tuesday...letting people burn a lot of energy...and then blow everyone apart on stage 11. whoever is left standing is finished off on stage 15. just a thought...

that's what the doof had in mind with the T-mobile attacks: lance defends option...its "only" a cat 1 climb...the finish to A3 Domaines looks like the best bet for a classic Armstrong deal-sealing attack...but its a few days off...nonetheless, one has the feeling that T-Mobile will keep firing the medium artillery to pepper up Disco until its time for the Thatguywholookslikefatjanonlyskinnier salvo...and the lesser lights will keep playing off Vino and KlodiPimp's moves....

Larry
07-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Watch out for Rasmussen!!! He could be for real!!

dauwhe
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Watch out for Rasmussen!!! He could be for real!!

Although he did lose 6:56 to Armstrong in the last time trial in 2004...

rnhood
07-11-2005, 04:40 PM
If Vino, Jan and Kloden ever realize they are on the same team,
they could beat anyone.

They are running out of time and, rumor has it Vino comes to Discovery next year.

Climb01742
07-11-2005, 05:02 PM
if mayo has the legs, i bet he tries for a grand mountain stage win. which does he target... courchevel, to try to climb back (sorta) into GC contention... or the pyrenees, to send the orange-clad faithful into boundless joy? only problem with this scenerio is...mayo has shown no legs at all this year... but he's a hard man to discount completely. :confused:

J.M. White
07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Just a hunch, but I think that Jan will be toast (slightly crispy but no burned) after Saturday's crash. If he's having trouble breathing deeply, as he says, he won't be able to do more than sit on LA's wheel, if that. I think that T-MO will have to let Vino loose if it hopes to make time on the Disco boys. My bet is one of the Spaniards takes the stage and shakes up the GC even more.

fkelly
07-11-2005, 07:01 PM
After almost 100k, there's a 20k climb at 6% followed by another 50k followed by a 22k climb at 6.2% to the finish. The final climb apparently includes several pitches at 10%. Almost inevitably there will be breakaways leading to the first climb. Disco, Telekom, CSC and the other "heads of state" will absorb them there. Probably 30 to 40 riders will be together at the start of Courchevel. Maybe a couple of them will be a couple minutes out front ... Botero? we haven't heard from him.

Disco will try to do their usual thing: grind the Peloton down. Halfway up they will have dropped the pretenders including Ulrich, Kloden et al. Rubiera, Azevdo, Popovych, and even Hincapie (much improved in the mountains) will still be leading Lance. Leipheimer, Vino, Basso, maybe Rasmussen, and a couple of others will be left. The remaining pretenders will be scratching their heads. Attack the Disco train? Just hang on? The pace will dictate it. Lance will be satisfied to eliminate ALMOST everyone leaving maybe three contenders. At least two of the Disco teammates plus Lance will be in a group of 5 or 6 at the finish.

RichMc
07-11-2005, 11:56 PM
From what I gather from Cycle Sport America, Climb has done his homework. It looks like whomever is left standing after Stage 11 will pretty much get this Tour provided they also do well enough at Stage 15. Stage 11 actually looks more decisive than 10. Comparing the two days the average gradients are just about the same. Do the Col de Madeleine and the Col du Galibier get "Hors" category climbs because they have some 10% plus sections?

I think I'll modify this a bit. There'll be a huge weeding out tomorrow and the next day. The final mop up and spit out will happen in the Pyrenees, 15th & 16th stages. Just brutal, man, considering how much happens before then. At least the riders get a rest day before the 16th.

victoryfactory
07-12-2005, 07:15 AM
They are running out of time and, rumor has it Vino comes to Discovery next year.

Hmmm...
If that's true, does Vino just ride for the odd stage win and not try too hard to
unseat Lance? He seems to already have that sort of rep anyway.

VF, now I know why so many people follow the soaps on TV, this is compelling stuff...

Dr. Doofus
07-12-2005, 07:58 AM
vino

won't be the one

aggressive all-rounders (anderson, kuiper, jalabert) who come up short in TT and HC mountains

lots of fireworks

no wins

93legendti
07-12-2005, 09:53 AM
"Contenders" dropping like flies...Discovery in control...

Tom
07-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey man, not to start the spoiler stuff all up again, but don't give hints.

I don't particularly care because I'm all over it but somebody else might get their knickers in a twist.

Tom
07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
The updates stopped! I'm gonna go nuts! You did it! You caused it! AAAAuuuugggghhhh!

93legendti
07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
The updates stopped! I'm gonna go nuts! You did it! You caused it! AAAAuuuugggghhhh!

?

gasman
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Looks like the majority of those who filled out the poll were wrong.

Dr. Doofus
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
massive....

the stage didn't look like it had this possibility...just two cat 1 climbs...

but the first summit finish for LA...well, doof hoped for this but didn't have the balls to vote for it....

will the portly pink guys rally?

the skinny orange guys are done

what about the runty rainbow guys?

and the squat baby blue guys?

is this going to be a race, or a retirement party?

gasman
07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Well doof I voted for LA to attack but I thought the pinkies would do better than they did.

Maybe still a race, at least I hope so.

RichMc
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Wait 'til tomorrow. More decimation. How about those "runty rainbow guys"? I assume you mean those "who are those guys?" from islands south of Spain. Good stuff, huh?

Dr. Doofus
07-12-2005, 12:52 PM
yep...those used to be reynolds used to be banesto midgets...except for karpets who is a huge dude...a nice team they have there...the guns to be very aggressive....