PDA

View Full Version : Lacing a wheel at 300am.

Andrewlcox
08-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Next time remind me not to lace a wheel at 300am. It is really frustrating when you poke the first 6 spokes and realize they went in the wrong holes. To be fair, I guess that could happen at any time of the day. I did finish the wheel and snugged it up. It won't need too much adjustment except there is a small hop I need to tighten. It could be the old Araya rims but I'll check it tomorrow.

How many here build wheels?

Andy

Russity
08-23-2011, 04:21 AM
A few of us actually have to do it a part of our jobs.....working in a bike shop will do that for you. It's always satisfying to create something new and round though.

Had to rebuild one out of the box yesterday. A crappy old 24inch cheap as they come bike came in the box with a wheel that was so out of shape it wasn't funny. It cost me more in time than the bike is actually worth, but I couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle os sending it back to the supplier.

On the flip side, I've got a pair of King hubs lying on the bench waiting for their rims to arrive.......

Andrewlcox
08-23-2011, 04:51 AM
I rebuilt the old Suntour hub with new balls and cones and polished it with a rag wheel. You are right, it feels good to build something up like that from a pile of parts.

Andy