PDA

View Full Version : A headset for owners of older Merlin and Litespeed frames with integrated headsets

Jeff N.
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Just an FYI: For those who own older Merlin or Litespeed frames with the short-lived integrated headsets who might want to upgrade, the new 44mm (upper and lower)Chris King "Inset" headsets, available in a multitude of colors, works PERFECTLY with these frames. Jeff N.

RoosterCogset
10-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Just an FYI: For those who own older Merlin or Litespeed frames with the short-lived integrated headsets who might want to upgrade, the new 44mm (upper and lower)Chris King "Inset" headsets, available in a multitude of colors, works PERFECTLY with these frames. Jeff N.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but what year Merlin/LS bikes would this apply to? I thought the original equipment was a Cane Creek IS-2 which I thought was 41mm?

Jeff N.
10-29-2021, 10:37 AM
It's for the Merlins with the hourglass head tube with the pressed-in headset bearings. I believe they're 44mm top and bottom ID but I could be wrong. The CK insets fit perfectly and they're for 44mm head tube.