PDA

View Full Version : Bucket list, whats on it?

scooter01
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
This topic has been floating around our house these last few days,
certainly some epic rides are on my list, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, eh maybe France too.

In the US, Vermont, Montana, and California, what is on your list?

Idris Icabod
08-22-2011, 07:11 PM
To invade a neighboring country and impose my own ideology. Any of the countries you mentioned would do.

I'd like to ride across the US, not RAAM but a more sedate pace.

CNY rider
08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Japanese twins.
Yeah baby! :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Japanese twins.
Yeah baby! :banana:

. . . don't you already HAVE twins? . . .

But I guess that's not exactly what you mean . . . :p

BBD

MattTuck
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Are we talking a cycling related bucket list?

There is great riding all over the world, I think some of the stuff on my list would be.

1.) Ride across the US, Boston to Seattle, or possibly via Rt. 20.
2.) Winter rides in Santa Ynez California, Tucson AZ,
3.) Ride in North Carolina
4.) RAMROD
5.) Ride cobbles in Northern France & Belgium... ride up the muur, and kopeburg, maybe ride a lap on the Roubaix velodrome.
5.) Bike around Tuscany
6.) Spend a winter in Girona, Spain
7.) Climb Mauna Kea or Haleakala in Hawaii, from sea level
8.) Teach my (yet to be born kids) to ride

Probably others too. I'll have to poach some of your ideas....

Chris
08-22-2011, 08:41 PM
running of the bulls

bicycletricycle
08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
happiness

dana_e
08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
in my hometown, Sacramento

Pictures with Sachs, Hampsten, Kirk, Strong, Sasha.......

the works

Oh yeah, it is already scheduled

jghall
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I'll echo BT, serendipity.

Louis
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
If a "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you die, then I would hope that happiness has already been crossed off the list - hopefully it is already a regular occurrence in your life. If it isn't, then that's unfortunate.

Perhaps it is on the list because you want happiness to be a constant part of your life. In that case, I wish you all the best in your quest.

Dlevy05
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Via Alpina. Half a year of pure bliss.

fogrider
08-23-2011, 01:03 AM
alp d'huez was checked off last year.

Andrewlcox
08-23-2011, 01:38 AM
I learned to solve a Rubik's Cube last year but still want to learn to ride a unicycle. I damn neared killed myself trying it out once but still want to learn how.

Andy

erector
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM
that was on the list last summer, along with watch a real stage of the Tour de France. It was a great experience on both ends, and memories I will be keeping for a long time.

sg8357
08-23-2011, 07:13 AM
To invade a neighboring country and impose my own ideology. Any of the countries you mentioned would do.

Join Backroads for their famous Teheran To Damascus Ride,
bikes and automatic weapons provided, bring you own
saddle, shoes and body armour.

bart998
08-23-2011, 07:37 AM
1. Ride across US
2. Follow Tour de France around for at least a week.
3. Tour Scotland again
4. Learn to sail

Joel
08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Fun topic!

I've been slowly knocking off (pun intended :D) my list over the years. Too long and weird to publish.

But...in two weeks the next big one gets a check mark

:banana: Riding across the mountains of northern Vietnam :banana:

HomardBreton
08-23-2011, 08:00 AM
COOL TOPIC !

Are we talking a cycling related bucket list?

There is great riding all over the world, I think some of the stuff on my list would be.

5.) Bike around Tuscany

Probably others too. I'll have to poach some of your ideas....

Nice choice - but I would recommend you the Piemonte ( Langhe, area around Alba / Barolo, 1hr. south of Torino, 2 hrs. east of Nice ); itīs a very similar landscape, probably a bit steeper climbs, but not too much; better wines and kitchen. And itīs not so touristic as tuscany is, more authentic and the prices are much more reasonable. Further, another REAL advantage: the alps with the famous climbs are just ~one hour drive.

My bucketlist: most of the destinations which you guys have on your list, are already checked; Iīm an european resident, so itīs easy for me to go to all of them by car. French / belgian cobbles are 1 1/2 hr., alps 6 hrs., tuscany 12 hrs.

I really would like to ride the Panamericana, starting in AK and going down to Patagonia at Cape Hoorn. My TiMax would appreciate this as well, I think. ;)

bocarider
08-23-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm lucky to have a wife that wanted to do it with me.

sc53
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Tour de cobbles of Belgium and Ardennes
Tour de Bozeman like the Kirks used to host
Another Tour de Finger Lakes
Tour de Texas Hill Country as posted here a few times
Tour de Tuscany
Tour de Provence
OH yeah this list has been compiled from friends' trips that I envied!!

sc53
08-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm lucky to have a wife that wanted to do it with me.
Your photos demand Serotta kit! Looks like you're halfway there (in color choice), just need the logos.

dave thompson
08-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Looking back I'm astounded by the 'bucket list' things I've done. As of now there are very few things left but high on that list is to build my own frame by attending one of the framebuilders school/class that are offered or to be tutored by an effbulder enough to accomplish that goal.

fiamme red
08-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Learn to ride a unicycle. :)

Pete Serotta
08-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I wish all to be happy and the glass of items always be half full and not half empty. Life and friends are a wonderful high prioirity.

My friends and family being happy are a Top bucket item.for me :banana:

If a "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you die, then I would hope that happiness has already been crossed off the list - hopefully it is already a regular occurrence in your life. If it isn't, then that's unfortunate.

Perhaps it is on the list because you want happiness to be a constant part of your life. In that case, I wish you all the best in your quest.