PDA

View Full Version : Stage 9 **SPOILER** (yes, I said "spoiler")

William
07-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Can anyone tell me why Disco let Voight go? He was only down by about a minute. Last check he was 3:30 ahead of the peloton and in the Yellow on the road. There aren't enough Klicks left for him to be caught.

William

Dr. Doofus
07-10-2005, 09:41 AM
jens has no shot at winning the tour

csc will do the yellow dirty work until courchevel, now

with dizzy out, this should help wear csc just a little bit more

also, another yellow to match his 2001 might be some payback for chasing jan last year (brown envelopes aren't forever...yellow jerseys in the closet are)

coylifut
07-10-2005, 09:42 AM
because I know you know the answer

Dr. Doofus
07-10-2005, 09:50 AM
too many self-inflicted kung-fu kicks to the head

William
07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Can anyone tell me why Disco let Voight go? He was only down by about a minute. Last check he was 3:30 ahead of the peloton and in the Yellow on the road. There aren't enough Klicks left for him to be caught.

William

Errrrrrrrrrrrgreeeeeeep HooYaaa!......

William

;) :D

JohnS
07-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Because Voigt is a big boy who is no threat in the mountains. He makes things exciting on the long flat breakaways, but that's it.

Tom
07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
csc will do the yellow dirty work until courchevel, now

with dizzy out, this should help wear csc just a little bit more

OK, I have to ask what is probably an incredibly stupid question. Why is the team of the race leader obligated to do the dirty work, set pace, wear themselves out and so on? It seems to be an assumption that goes without explanation but I don't get it.

dirtdigger88
07-10-2005, 12:19 PM
talked to a guy on my late morning ride about this very topic- tomorrow is a rest day- by "tradition" the yellow jersey has to do a ton of press work- its sorta his duty- Lance is not in the yellow- he can sit in his hotel and chill- go for a ride- and avoid the press without snubbing the press- my .02

Jason

JohnS
07-10-2005, 01:11 PM
The race leader's team has to do the dirty work if they want to keep the lead. As an example, if LA goes up the rad on Wednesday, what does the team of a non-GC contender care? CSC would have to chase him to keep their man in the yellow. I'm sure they'd get some help from T-Mobile, but that's about it. It's the exact opposite of the first week. The GC teams don't worry about the breakaways since the lead riders are so far in arrears to the yellow jersey. The only ones that care are the teams of the sprinters.